WOOHOO! So worth the wait!

Laura-n-GA
on 10/31/03 12:11 am - Locust Grove, GA
9 months out and down 117 lbs and 53 inches. Life is great and the wait is so worth the results. Feel free to email me if you want to know my experience or if you just need a buddy. [email protected]. Dr. Rothwell and staff helped me get my life back and I will be eternally grateful.
Gretchen S.
on 10/31/03 4:33 am - Woodstock, GA
Hi Laura: I'm coming up on my 7th month anniversary. 85 pounds and 40 inches. "Ain't" life grand now?????? Keep up the good work.......
Marrilee M.
on 11/1/03 12:31 am
Congratulations on your successful surgery and smooth recovery! It sounds like you are doing great! What two things were you unprepared for during your hospital stay? What two things were the best part of your hospital stay? If you were Queen of the World and had a magic wand what one or two things would you change about WLS (pre-op, op, post-op)?
Laura-n-GA
on 11/1/03 8:39 am - Locust Grove, GA
Marilee the two things I was unprepared for - 1. how hot they kept the hallway...I kept a huge fan going in my room and froze my DH even though it was 30 outside but the hallway was sweltering to me when I went for walks. 2. Thanks to this website I can't think of another thing oh wait....I did have to come home with oxygen for a few days. As for the surgery and what to expect this sight and my surgeon had me well prepared. Best part of the hospital stay...A Bariatric Nurse that was there for all of us WLS patients. If we didn't get response from the floor nurse or if we needed anything we just rang her extension. If I were Queen pre-op of course I'd eliminate the red tape and the long wait and post-op I'd eliminate nausea and head hunger.
Laura-n-GA
on 11/4/03 1:22 am - Locust Grove, GA
Becky sometimes I do still have nausea like last night. I went all day without eatting, when I finally ate dinner I felt really sick. I know better than to go all day without at least eatting a bit of cheese or peanut butter. I figured the nausea is another reminder for me to slow down and enjoy my new found life. Best of Luck to you! ~L~
Carol W.
on 11/9/03 11:36 am - Parrish, AL
Hello, My name is Carol Whisenhunt and I live in Alabama. I would like to know your story. I am having surgery Jan 12. Im very anxious about it. Somedays Im okay and others Im a nervous wreck. I feel bad all the time so Im so ready to get some relief. I know God will be with me and I know He is in this thing. Its not somthing Ive jumped into unknowingly. Im educated on this surgery and Ive talked to many that have had it. I need this surgery to live. I truly believe I wont be around much longer with out it. Any encouragement you have I would love to hear. Thank you. Carol Whisenhunt
Angela N.
on 11/18/03 11:30 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Dear Carol, I had my WLS on November 7th with Dr. Titus Duncan. I think all of us are really scared about having an elective surgery done that you can die from. I'm a positive thinking person, but even I had my "death outfit" hanging prominently in my closet just in case... I can honestly say it was pretty easy to have the surgery. After about 5 days, I had no pain at all. I have good energy levels, despite the fact that I am consuming very low calories each day. My first post operative visit is today (I am anxious to see my weight loss numbers) My advice: - Visualize your success every day - Be prepared with chewable vitamins - - keep a vitamin and food diary to help you with your intake. - Dare to dream big Best wishes and God Speed! Angela
Tonya J.
on 11/19/03 9:22 am
Congratulations! Dr. Duncan is my dr too. Im under insurance review right now (Cigna HMO) Wish me luck. I am so ready to get this over and begin my new way of life. What vitamins are taking (brand)? Congratulations!
Angela N.
on 11/21/03 4:59 am - Peachtree City, GA
Chewable Mutli-Vitamin - Solotron from GNC Chewable vitamin C - 500mg 3x day (It's a good antioxidant, and Dr. Duncan is crazy about antioxidants....)
Most Active