Worried scared and confused

Cricket J.
on 11/11/03 7:24 am - Atlanta, GA
Hi , everyone. I'm just so worried that I will not get this surgery. I went to the group meeting with Dr. Appell and he was great. But it's all this stuff i have to get for the office and my insurance. It's plain to see I need this surgery there is NO WAY I can continue to carry around all this weight on this small frame. I joined weigh****chers so I could have a six month history but they need 2 histories, yes I've been to the doctor but since my insurance would not cover WL meds I kept it up for maybe 2 months. I couldn't afford 75/125$ drugs. So It's going to take 6 months to gather and get approved for this but I'm so afraid It's going to be no in the end. I can't live this way. This weight is destroying me and my life.
dixie_butterfly
on 11/11/03 9:21 am - Greenville, GA
I went to my Dr. and he ask me what diets i had been on, he didnt request documentation.. i just briefly described my past he wrote them down..But honestly you need to try several diets before you decide to have surgery. Cause this surgery isn't the majic cure. You have to go by a strict diet after the surgery.. Good luck and keep the hope alive.. If it is meant to be then it will happen.. Prayers for you .. Kim
Pam B.
on 11/11/03 1:32 pm - Locust Grove, GA
Hey... try not to let it overwhelm you too much, you can do it!! I felt the same way, that I would never be able to complete all that testing they wanted, plus provide all the info for the insurance company but I did it. Once you make your mind up to do it, just start scheduling the pre op stuff, one test at a time till you get them all done. That is IF you are pretty sure your insurance will pay. They should be able to tell you their policy on gastric bypass surgery. My insurances stated they would pay if "medically necessary" so that was the green lite for me to get going on it. By the way, what insurance do you have? 6 months on WW and 2 month med. supervised is actually pretty good. Try not to let it all overwhelm you. I also attended the group thing for Dr. Appel but decided I wanted a little more personal care so I switched to Dr. Robinson. He was great and the office staff is wonderful. I am now 4 weeks post op and doing great.. have lost 26 pounds. E mail me if you need any other info! [email protected].... good luck and take care! Pam
Most Active