New to this board

Jenn K
on 3/2/14 11:47 pm - Marietta, GA
RNY on 04/17/06 with
Hi all! I'm Jenn and I'm new to the Georgia board. I had RNY in California and it allowed me to get pregnant with my amazing son, buthonestly, I have been gaining weight since I got pregnant. I'm not back up to my pre-surgery weight and motivated to do something about it. I got the stomach flu on Valentine's day and used that as a kick-start to get back to my protein shakes. I've been working out and eating clean and I'm proudly down 11 pounds!
I'm posting here to get some support and motivation, exercise ideas (classes?), and possibly a support group and some new friends.

dragonlove
on 3/3/14 6:53 am
RNY on 11/20/13

Welcome Jenn!  Both to GA and to the Board.  Things are pretty quiet here - I think some of us forget to look on this board very often. But hopefully someone can help you out.

You probably should at least tell us where you generally live so people near by can give you suggestions - It won't do much good for you to hear of a support group north of Atlanta if you live near Macon. :)

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Jenn K
on 3/3/14 8:18 am - Marietta, GA
RNY on 04/17/06 with
Fair enough! Hi Pam. I'm in Marietta, just north of atlanta.

barb.k
on 3/10/14 6:30 am - Williamson, GA

Hi Jen, Welcome to GA. It is true this board doesn't have a lot of activity. Congrats on your pregnancy.  I live south of Atlanta but attend a support group in Johns Creek at the hospital. They will me meeting this Sat, I will most likely miss it though. The Johns Creek group is a open group. There are quiet a few support groups in the Atlanta area. Have you found one yet?

barb.k

nhowe61
on 3/24/14 2:20 am

Hi Jen I live in Roswell ga and my support group is in Gainesville as that is where I am going for the surgery.my surgery date is April 2 so I am in the home stretch . If anyone would like to come to  a support group walk at the local park along the river it would be fun to be others in the area going through the same things. Congrats on the baby !

barb.k
on 3/25/14 12:38 am - Williamson, GA

I'd love to live near a bariatric buddy to walk with.....sigh.

barb.k

atlantagator76
on 7/15/14 3:09 am

Northside has a Spport group on the 2nd thursday of the month and and one for those greater than a year out on the 1st Saturday of the month. Both are free. Call 404-845-5457 for times and location.

Most Active