Looking for people in Woodstock

dragonlove
on 9/9/14 9:33 am
RNY on 11/20/13

Hey there!

Anyone on here who lives up in the Woodstock area?  

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

cevans0917
on 11/5/14 10:32 am

hey there I'm a new guy and live on cobb cherkee county line In Acworth  

dragonlove
on 11/6/14 5:12 am
RNY on 11/20/13

Hello there "New Guy".  :)

Have you had surgery yet or are you researching it?  If you've had surgery, which one and when?

Welcome!

cevans0917
on 11/6/14 3:51 pm

I am seeing dr smith to make final decision on nov 10  I am concerned about choice and previous Nissan fundo 8 years ago. Acid reflux gone and don't want it back. Sleeve is easiest and less complications but I think with N F I need to do  RNY so decision will be made Monday. How about you pre op or post op 

cevans0917
on 11/6/14 3:54 pm

I just looked appears you had rny 2013. And lost a lot of weight. Tell me everything you went through. How are you doing and how hard is it to maintain ? 

dragonlove
on 11/10/14 8:40 am
RNY on 11/20/13

Hey there.  Sorry for the delay in answering.  Feel free to friend me and ask questions directly - those won't get lost so easily in my emails. :)

I am getting really close to goal and it is feeling good.  I know that I have to really enjoy and memorize all the nice compliments I am getting now, because by next year, people will be so used to the way I look that it will all seem normal to my friends and family!

I haven't had any complications at all from my RNY and I very strongly recommend my Dr and his office! I feel very comfortable asking them any and all questions. They are very supportive.

As far as how I am doing it - the only answer is to FOLLOW THE PLAN!

WLS (Weight Loss Surgery) isn't a miracle.  It isn't a drug. It is ONLY a TOOL!  It only works as well as you are willing to behave. You truly have to get your mind in the game. I am not quite yet in true maintenance, but I have less than 10 pounds to get to my goal.  I go to my 1 year follow up the week before Thanksgiving and I can't wait to show them my progress.

You have to be emotionally committed to following the plan you are given and being true to yourself and your goals.  Anyone can fail with WLS.  If I chose to, right now, I could manage to gain all of my weight back by making stupid choices. The main thing that you have to get your mind around is that this is NOT a diet!  This is a life change.  

I've had some people start to ask me if I am tired of my diet or if I think it will be hard to stick with.  I tell them that it isn't a diet - it is a way of life and I intend to eat this way forever.  Yes, I make mistakes, overeat a bit, make a bad choice or two, (everyone does!) but I pick back up and get back on track.

It is impossible to put a years worth of information into an email - and I don't know which parts you would find valuable.  Why don't you ask me some specific questions or ask about some specific topics you are wondering about and I'll give you my point of view?

iloveravens
on 12/3/14 2:56 am
RNY on 08/13/14

I live in Cherokee County (in Canton, GA).  Welcome!

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Most Active