Recent Posts

bgprettygrl
on 10/13/10 11:07 am
Topic: RE: I HAVE FINALLY BEEN APPROVED FOR SURGERY
Thanks for the support!! Dr. Richards is in Gainesville, GA. I will be traveling alone but I my fam will come down for my surgery and thats the most important thing and my friends that are in other states will fly down later cuz I will need the support.

I can not tell u how happy I am right now. I cried on the phone when she called and I love her to death for resubmitting without telling me.  So technically, I didnt have to appeal the decision. I dont understand why I was denied in the first place but now it doesnt even matter anymore. It feels good that my surgeon's office did not give up on me when I was about to give up on myself.

You are right about the DS which was my first choice and I was goin to another Dr. who I will not name but he was unwilling to accept me as his patient until  I lost about 80lbs and paid their program fee of $500 cuz I was out of state and I told them if I could lose tht I wouldnt be tryin to have WLS anyway lol well so much for him and at the time I began searchin for the DS there wasnt anyone in Tenn doing the surgery let on Miss. so thats how I ended up in GA. So I found someone who did not have fee or a weight limit. I have since heard of other Drs performing DS and the Sleeve in Tenn but I didnt want to hve to change anymore after all I have gone thru and I am happy with whom I have chosen.

Bgprettygrl

LaShelle2
on 10/13/10 10:52 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Topic: RE: Body Magic Covered By Insurance - Woo Hoo!!!
hey TS. Sorry for the delayed reaction, I spent the weekene in Houston, TX being wined and dined by my latest beau. You know the life of a skinny diva is so busy :-)

I have the HRA plan.  Why don't you call Dr. Evans and ask her how she is billing for the massages.  I'm not sure, but she advised me I have 12 visits per year covered.  I am definitely taking advantage of every one between now and Dec 31.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

LaShelle2
on 10/13/10 10:22 am, edited 10/13/10 12:10 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Topic: RE: I HAVE FINALLY BEEN APPROVED FOR SURGERY
Congrats!!! You are welcome on the GA board any time you

need a friend.  Where is your surgeon located in GA? Will you

be travelling alone?

Click to get the codes for this image. This glitter graphic shows an animated glass of champaign on a background of gold stars. The comment reads: Congratulations!

I am popping open the champagne to celebrate this victory. 
Not only did you win this for yourself. I am sure you have opened up the door for other bsbs patients wanting the sleeved to make it easier for them to get approved too!!! Woo Hoo. 

I predict with the lapband results being so unfavorable, more and more people will be seeking the sleeve. I wouldn't be surprised if 10 years from now DS and sleeve will not outrank rny and DS in numbers.  The results just don't lie.  Kudos to you for fighting for what you know you need for your health and not settling for less.

~LaShelle

WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

LaShelle2
on 10/13/10 9:38 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Topic: RE: New Date for Atlanta Area Clothing Exchange October 16, 2010 Mark Your Calendars!!!

I got you down Celeste.  I sent out invites to some clothing exchange meet up groups in the area. I am hoping some other groups will join in with us, so we will have a wider range of sizes.  Whatever the outcome, I will just be glad to be with my surgery sisters for an afternoon.

Spread the word with your friends and church family. Everybody is welcome to join in.

bgprettygrl
on 10/13/10 8:30 am
Topic: I HAVE FINALLY BEEN APPROVED FOR SURGERY
I know that I am not a regular here but I just wanted someone to share in my excitement.

After 2 denials, I have finally been approved for the Gastric Sleeve Surgery!!!!!!

I was about to give up and try to find another insurance provider after  BCBS of GA was adamant about saying that this procedure was "INVESTIGATIONAL" although my BCBS Federal describes this procedure as an acceptable form of WLS.

I was so upset after my surgeon, Dr. Robert Richard, was unsuccessful in his one on one conference with the Insurance Doctor, I almost gave up.

I was on my mandatory Liquid Diet that I was mastering daily and feeling good about staying on it. That blew me out of the water and I threw up my hands and just said "I Give Up"

Well, thank God for someone praying   for me because I am finally APPROVED!! 

Now that I am approved, I am gonna need an angel. I am an out of state patient from MS!  Thanks so much for allowing me to vent just a lil bit lol!!

Bgprettygrl

walterswife
on 10/13/10 8:30 am
Topic: RE: New Date for Atlanta Area Clothing Exchange October 16, 2010 Mark Your Calendars!!!
Getting all of my stuff ready for Saturday....................please sign me up for lunch.

C

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

LaShelle2
on 10/12/10 11:41 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Topic: RE: Dublin area support group formed!!
Hey, I'm not in your area, but just wanted to say congrats on getting your group started.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

MARIA F.
on 10/12/10 7:03 pm - Athens, GA
Topic: RE: Looking for support group/friends Perry/Warner Robbins Area
Just wanted to add........hope u all can make it to the clothing exchange this Sat.!
Mike R.
on 10/12/10 2:59 am - Warner Robins, GA
Topic: RE: Looking for support group/friends Perry/Warner Robbins Area

There are two WLS support groups in the Middle GA area:

The Mini-Mee Support Group meets the 1st Tuesday of every month @ 7pm at Flint Energies, 900 Hwy 96 (next to Houston Co. High School), Warner Robins, GA.  For more info contact group facilitator Melinda Misiewicz @ email [email protected]

The Middle GA Bariatric Surgery Support Group meets the 4th Thursday of every month @ 7pm at Harvest Cathedral Church, 2254 Rocky Creek Road, Macon, GA.  For more info contact group facilitator Cheryl Taylor @ email [email protected]

Good luck!
Mike

LaShelle2
on 10/12/10 12:43 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Sure carla. We would love to have you guys join us.   My personal e-mail is [email protected].

They don't have to rsvp to come, and friends and family are welcome.
Most Active