Recent Posts

HallCoKB
on 9/20/17 6:50 pm
Topic: First appt to surgery date, how fast? BCBS Hall Co

Hi, I'm in Hall Co and am meeting with my PCP next week to discuss my wanting to be sleeved. What should I expect? I've had blood work, diabetic counseling, sleep test, liver ultrasound in the past month. How long from your visit w/ PCP to 1st bariatric group appt to surgery date did you have? BCBS

cheyanda
on 6/19/17 10:15 am
Topic: RE: ALL GEORGIA AMERIGROUP MEDICAID MEMBERS

Did you have any Co morbidity? And how did you prove your past history of trying to lose weight?

Meggles07
on 6/12/17 7:12 pm - Canada
Topic: Where to get vitamins in Atlanta area??

Hello,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out. I'm going to be visiting Atlanta this summer and I was wondering if anyone had found any good stores for buying bariatric friendly vitamins or foods. I'm staying downtown near the convention center, and we won't have a car as far as I know at this point :)

Also, restaurant, shopping, and sightseeing recommendations would be great too!!

Meg~

Paul M.
on 6/7/17 5:14 pm, edited 6/7/17 5:15 pm - Atlanta, GA
Topic: Emory Midtown

So I had a pretty exciting visit at today at Emory University Hospital Midtown Atlanta. This was my second visit with the group yet when I informed Dr. Singh that I was on appointment 5/6 with the supervisor diet. My appointment started to change from good to exciting. He immediately started talking about getting me scheduled to see a surgeon. So my visit with the surgeon has been scheduled for 07/05/17. I will have my psyc evaluation next week and my last follow up supervised diet on 06/30/17. I'm getting closer to my new life. Has anyone had their psyc evaluation done there?

alder321
on 3/1/17 3:55 pm
Topic: RE: I am looking to join an exercise/walking group.

Hello G.,

Thanks,  for the response but, unfortunately you are the first reply.  I have given up on connecting with anyone.

M.

divajen
on 2/28/17 4:42 pm - Atlanta, GA
Topic: RE: New to ATL-looking for support Group

Hi Gina. There are 3 support groups through Northside. They all meet at 980 Johnson Ferry Rd  the room is on the first floor  

2nd Thursday at 545 pm

1st Saturday at 10am

1st Saturday at 930 am (back on track program)

i always attend the Saturday 10a meeting. There's one thisSaturday. I hope you can come. 

If if you do, please introduce yourself. I'm Jennifer Cole. 

All the best!

jen

RHBryan
on 2/23/17 8:22 pm - Atlanta, GA
Topic: RE: I am looking to join an exercise/walking group.

I just saw your post from September.

Did you find a group?

G

RHBryan
on 2/23/17 8:21 pm - Atlanta, GA

JEM,

I'll check into those in a few minutes.

Thank you for responding.

RHBryan
on 2/23/17 8:20 pm - Atlanta, GA

DivaJen,

I would love to hear about those groups since they are a little closer.

I'm making myself 1st on my list of priorities and i WILL be at a group someplace before the end of the month.

See you soon,

Gina

Most Active