Recent Posts

gagryl451
on 2/15/17 4:32 pm - Ellenwood, GA
Topic: RE: Atlanta Bariatric Support Group Meetings

Good Evening, Our meetings are currently being held at the Northlake-Barbara Loar Public Library in Tucker, Ga. The next meeting is February 25, 2017 from 10:30-12. The address is 3772 Lavista Rd, Tucker, GA. Join our face book group SouthEast WLS Group and or send me a friend request to Robin Washington. How long ago did you have your surgery?

Jencash1014
on 2/15/17 10:25 am
Revision on 02/20/17
Topic: Wellcare denied my surgery

I had a lap band 3 years ago, it erroded, was removed, I gained all the weight back. Now after 6 months of monitoring weight loss with doctor wellcare has denied my surgery. Has anyone else had this problem recently with them? The doctor's office says it's because they have been bought out by blue Cross blue shield. They just sent in appeal....I'm so nervous I need this so bad

RHBryan
on 2/15/17 9:17 am - Atlanta, GA
Topic: RE: Atlanta Bariatric Support Group Meetings

Hi there, I was wondering if meetings were still held here.

Msjewels39
on 11/13/16 9:53 pm - Lawrenceville, Ge
Topic: RE: ALL GEORGIA AMERIGROUP MEDICAID MEMBERS

Please contact me I read your story and I have Amerigroup also I just want to know how I go about it so I can get the surgery as well my email is [email protected] I am so happy for you may God continue to bless you. Jewels.

Minadina
on 9/14/16 5:02 am
Topic: RE: Anyone know any bariatric friendly PCP's in Atlanta area

Not a clue. For years she had her own practice in Duluth, and then she went to join Dekalb Medical in Decatur earlier this year. I can only assume something happened because when I called to make an appointment a month ago they said they hadn't heard from her in a while. I had actually spoke to her by email before my surgery a few weeks before I called, and she didn't mention being on hiatus. I have no clue where she is, it's slightly depressing. lol!

SkinnyBonz38
on 9/13/16 5:18 pm
Topic: RE: Hello Atlanta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello there JEMiles welcome back!

SkinnyBonz38
on 9/13/16 5:16 pm
Topic: RE: Anyone know any bariatric friendly PCP's in Atlanta area

Hi Minadina. I'm also looking for a new PCP.Where did your PCP go?

Minadina
on 9/13/16 7:39 am
Topic: Anyone know any bariatric friendly PCP's in Atlanta area

I'm in need of a new PCP doctor, my current one has gone AWOL. Which is extremely distressing to say the least, I've been with her for almost 4 years, and she was actually trained in bariatrics so she was like the perfect Dr during this time in my life. I'd really prefer a Dr that has experience with patients who've had bariatric surgery, like my previous PCP. Unfortunately it's not like Drs advertise such a thing. I'm just posting in here in hopes of someone in the area maybe knowing a great Dr they'd like to recommend.

Thanks!

JEMilesATL
on 9/8/16 4:35 pm
Topic: RE: WLS Support Group Atlanta, GA

ga_ginger, where can I find out more about support groups at Northside for patients like myself who are a number of years out?  I will google search now.   ANy details or info would be awesome!  :)

JEMilesATL
on 9/8/16 4:30 pm
Topic: RE: New to ATL-looking for support Group

Emory John's Creek also offers support groups (online and in-person)  

Most Active