Dr.Fowler at Castle

d_thomcat2000
on 5/28/11 4:31 am - Kapaa, HI
Does anybody know if Dr Fowler at Castle does the gastric sleeve?
(deactivated member)
on 6/19/11 10:29 am - HI
 Yes he does.  I live on Kauai and just got back from my meeting with him, the diet and fitness people and have my follow-up appointments booked for the next month.

Hoping for VS surgery in late July or early August.  I very much liked the doctor and all of the people running the center.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mahalo,

Lulu
forgotmypassword
on 6/19/11 12:23 pm
I would love to keep in touch.   I have 1000 questions.   I lost my password for this profile.  I am now under the new profile called.............. iforgotmypassword.....

A couple questions.   What is your age?   What is he charging?

KauaiLulu
on 6/20/11 8:55 am - HI
I have changed my profile as well.  I am now KauaiLulu. 

I am a 46 y.o. female.  The quoted amount was "about $19,000" but after my trip to Oahu last week and meeting with the surgeon and the whole staff, they said we would receive a 25% discount for paying cash bringing it down to $14,250.00 so that was a pleasant surprise.

My insurance (HMSA - HMO) would only cover the sleeve if my BMI was 66 or above so that was not an option for me.  After much research, the sleeve is really the only surgery that I want performed on me.  So I look at it as an investment in my health.

They have a comprehensive program with pre- and post-surgery requirements but not nearly as long as other programs. 

Let me know what questions you have and I will try to answer them for you.

Mahalo,

Lulu
Most Active