Post your intros and updates here!

omma24
on 7/20/11 6:41 am
I know there isn't a lot of traffic on this board.  But thought I would throw this out there and see if we could get some of us to support one another here.  I know there are quite a few of us lurking.  ;)  

So go ahead and post an  intro and/or update.  Here's mine:

Coming up on year out from RNY in a few weeks.  Struggling to lose anything these days, despite exercising, including running and watching my calorie intake.  BUT I have come too far to give up...I will get to my goal!  My highest weight ever was 328 pounds.  I started the journey in May 2010 at 307 pounds and had my rny 8/11/10 weighing in at 280.  I am now hovering at 200 and am wanting to kiss the 200's goodbye so bad!!!  Hoping to hit that goal by my one year appt. in August.  But my ultimate goal is to lose another 50 pounds...feeling frustrated that I am not closer to that goal.  
Anyway...that's my update.  Won't you join me and post your update too? 

Lisa
jkjstars123
on 7/20/11 1:23 pm - Tama, IA
Had my wls Oct of 09. Started at 291 and now at around 170. Been around that weight for awhile now. Went on the Atkins diet with very low carbs and got down to 161. Got the flu, had pouch issues  for three weeks only thing my pouch accepted was crackers (carbs) then I went on vac. Now I'm eating junk and not exercising as much so now I'm back to 170. Had been into exercising esp running big time but lately have not.

Need to get back focus and go back to eating healthy. Went through too much to gain.

Julie

HW 304, SW 291, GW 160, CW 140 H-5'9.5"            

omma24
on 7/22/11 3:14 am
Hang in there, Julie!  Thanks for sharing your story and update.   I feel so much better when I get my exercise in.  Get back to running and I bet you will take those pounds right  off!!  =)  

ericklein
on 7/28/11 12:18 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Hi.
So...  two weeks till your one year mark...  (That must be exciting). Want to get below 200.

Curious, have you considered using the OH goal system here?
http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/action,search_goals/?q=exercise

Opportunities to team up with people with similar goals.
Also, this site had a health tracker where one could log exercise activity. Ever hear of that? Some people tend to take an interest in such things, sometimes on and off.

Hope all is well.

iowa_missie74
on 10/28/11 11:18 am - IA
Hey all. My name is Missie. I am almost 5 weeks out of RNY. I have lost almost 25 pounds. At weeks 2-4 I hit a plateau where I didn't lose any weight. I was a little bummed but I did lose inches so that made up for it. My hightest weight was 294, my surgery weight was 260, my current weight is 236 and my goal weight is 159. Odd number because my surgeon said I likely wouldn't get below 160 :) I loved my surgeon and nurses at the clinic I went to. EVERYONE was so extremely nice and understood me and why I was there. I am hoping that using OH will keep me on track with my weight loss.

Rowrena T.
on 1/10/12 1:26 am - Lincoln, IA
Hi all - my name is Rowrena but I go by Ro.  I'm in the process of going through all the hoops to have a revision from my VBG I had in July of 1999.  Unfortunately I had to have 3 back surgeries following the VBG (Dec 7, 1999, Jan. 4, 2000 and May 1, 2001) and it hindered me quite a bit in losing and keeping off the weight.  I am also to blame for my VBG not working.  I really wanted the RNY at the time but my family was not going for it.  I wish I had went with my gut back then. 

Anyway, I am seeing Dr. Glas****'s office and have had my initial consultation and my psych evaluation and am waiting to hear what is next.  The dietitian went through the diet and the protein and vitamins that I will need to have lined up to start two weeks before the surgery and I am having trouble deciding which ones to go with.

I'm hoping there are others here from Dr. Glas**** that can help me decide which protein powder is preferred by most and where you get all the vitamins from.  I could sure talk to someone who has already gone through the surgery to help me with all this information.  I understood everything she was telling me that day about 30 days ago but now I'm looking at the information and am a little confused.  I can call and talk with her but I'm wanting other patients points of view on which products they preferred. 

I hope there are others out there that have used Dr. Glas**** that can be a friend with ideas of things I should try.  Hope to hear from you soon.
Bebhihn
on 9/6/12 1:41 pm - IA
I just found the Iowa forum!  YAY!  I had my surgery May 22nd and couldn't be happier.  Dr. Smith at U of I did my procedure.  I live in Cedar Rapids.

I went in with high blood pressure, PCOS, sleep apnea and depression.  Supposedly you can't ever not have PCOS, but everything else has cleared up and I can no longer tell I have PCOS as it feels like my body is working for me vs against me.

I'm a couple of pounds away from being 1/2 way to my arbitrary goal of 150 lbs, just got below 200 last week!  So excited!
Just When The Caterpillar Thought The World Was Over, She Became A Butterfly. 

--Proverb

Most Active
Recent Topics