Anyone have Dr. Glas**** in Cedar Falls?

dlwfarm
on 4/17/12 3:47 am
I'm trying to find people who had surgery with Dr. Glas**** in Cedar Falls.  Did you like him?  Any complications?  Would you recommend him?  Thanks, mary
cheryl B.
on 4/18/12 1:15 am - southeastern, IA
I had Dr G and I found him to be very professional and competent.  He performed my lapband and gallbladder surgery.  Anytime I have had any issues he has been thorough in his testing and listens to concerns.  His nurse Mary and  PA Zinka are great!!!  I just got my 3 year reminder t follow up.  He is big on follow up, so it isn't like you have surgery and never hear from his office again.  good luck.
Cheryl B.

Don J.
on 4/23/12 10:02 pm - Garner, IA
 A friend that was my mentor did. No complications. Only issue I recall was making accomindations to stay in the area after surgery.

HW 349/CW 197 

5K - Race with the Stars - 29:46 (11/03/12) . 13.1 - Spirit of Survival-Lawton, OK  - 2:30:16 (10/7/12) . Route 66 Tulsa Marathon. 6:19:15 (11/18/12)

12Rowrena
on 6/8/12 1:27 am - Reinbeck, IA
I asked the same question and no one answered mine. I too and going through all the hoops to have surgery with Dr. G. I've finally gotten my Insurance to approve the hospital as they are not providers but Dr. G is. Last week I had my EGD from Hell - I was totally awake through the whole horrible thing - glad it's done. Two days ago I had to have 8 tubes of blood drawn, chest x-ray and ultrasound of my tummy area (that includes pretty much everything down there), then I had an appointment with the Pulmonologist and did breathing test that I did well on. I do have sleep apnea but have been unable to wear the mask because with the pressures it is set for it blows air out and around it and I am unable to wear the mask. Dr. Cafaro said that with the highest number of 30 - that would make that happen. Dr. C also said that Dr. G is a stickler for wearing your BiPap after surgery so this bothers me as I've passed everything else and if this keeps me from having surgery I'll be so upset. After that appointment I had an appointment a Cardiac Dr. Sbavity and was OK'd for the surgery.

I wanted anyone who has had surgery with Dr. G. to tell me what they think will happen now. Will I get my surgery rather soon or will I have to go through yet a fourth Sleep Apnea test since 1997. I've never had trouble falling asleep driving or at any time with Sleep apnea until my last 3 back surgeries that failed with nerve damage and all the very strong pain medicine I have to take for the really bad chronic pain I suffer with daily. I believe the pain medicine is what makes me sleep as much as I do now and is the only reason I do not drive very far. I had no problem until I have been on Pain medicine strong enough to cause it.

There has to be someone out there from Iowa that has had Dr. G who has sleep apnea and knows what he might say after he receivers all the positives from my testing except for wearing my Bipap - If they could fix it so that the air didn't blow past the mask and continually wake me up and if I didn't have to wake up with the whole right side of my face numb again - I would wear the mask. I'm afraid I will have to go through yet another sleep test and have to wait for it. I need this surgery done before my husband has to take his 2 weeks’ vacation by the middle of August. I've been working at this since the first of December 2011 - first fighting the insurance company once they said ok the testing was all scheduled within two weeks of that ok and now I'm waiting to hear from Dr. G office as to what is next. I'd love to hear the surgery date and appointment to visit with Dr. G.

Does anyone have any advice for me????? Please? There has to be some Iowan's out there that have used Dr. G as he has done many many WLS.

Thank you all and I
wish you all the best!
12Rowrena
on 6/19/12 6:48 pm - Reinbeck, IA
I got approved and my surgery date is scheduled for July 16, 2012!  If anyone can help me with ideas for my liquid diet for two weeks before surgery I would appreciate it.  I have a short list of ideas and I need all the ideas anyone can help me with so I'm not drinking the same things all the time.  I would assume when you get hungry you just drink water?
dlwfarm
on 10/9/12 11:11 pm
How did your pre-op diet go?  Any advice for newbies?  What did you like best to eat?
Also, how are you doin now?  Are you glad you did it?
Mary
Jasmine5
on 1/18/13 12:02 pm

I am scheduled for surgery in This February (2013) and am a little nervous. Any advice? :)

dlwfarm
on 1/21/13 5:24 am

I had a sleeve done Thanksgiving weekend and I'm doing great.  Weight loss has been slow, but I'm happy with that.  First few days were really hard, expect that.  Then I continued to have lots of acid, so 2 weeks ago I got prescribed a new drug and now I have no problems at all.  Dr. Glas**** is very, very good.  He is very conservative, so he doesn't make the sleeve as small as some doctors, but that is good.  I'm very very happy with him.  I can eat 2 eggs for breakfast, a yogurt for snack, lunch is several pieces of lunch meat with swiss cheese, I can eat  a grapefruit for a snack.  You'll be fine.  You couldn't ask for a better doctor!!!!

I've lost about 35 lbs in the last 2 months.   The only thin I didn't like is that at 2 weeks you can eat cottage cheese and an egg and they wanted me to puree it.  I didn't.  I just chewed it to death!  I never pureed my food, but ate mostly yogurts and cottage cheese.

mary

Jasmine5
on 1/21/13 6:08 am

Thanks Mary and congratulations on your weight loss!!! 35 lbs is great!!   :)

Most Active
Recent Topics