Anyone else fighting with UHC through John Deere for Dr. Glas****

12Rowrena
on 4/26/12 2:02 pm - Reinbeck, IA
I've heard there are several of us.  Maybe we should all get together if they don't come through for us pretty soon and do something as a group.   Dr. Glas**** is a provider but the insurance company says the hospital is not.  Dr. Glas****'s insurane clerk says they are.  I was denied but the reasons they gave made no sense.  I more than qualified as my BMI is over 40 and I have several co-morbidities.

I feel it is really stupid to make people travel hours or even to another state to have this type of surgery when it makes it impossible for them to return for follow ups and for the support groups financially. 

Insurance Companies need to do what is best for the patients - and they've been approving them for quite a while until now.

If anyone else is out there and in the same boat with me - let's talk.
tscasto
on 5/1/12 1:47 am - Urbandale, IA
VSG on 03/22/12
 I'm with UHC but through another company. I'm in Des Moines & had no problems with my approval. I had to register with UHC Bariatric services & they sent me my approval requirements list. This is decided between the insurance company & mostly your employer. I had to go through a specific "center of excellence" (Iowa health/ Iowa Methodist) get a pysc eval, be over 18, meet weight &/or co- morbidity requirements.  

Maybe this Surgeon isn't with a center of excellence & that's why. I would suggest calling UHC & asking them specifically why they aren't approving this & what you need to do. They were quite helpful with any questions I had. I wasn't afraid to ask either & that's because the Iowa Health Weight loss center taught me that.  Make UHC explain it in terms you understand & ask to have them send you a list of specific requirements you must meet per the agreement for coverage set up by your employer.

Best of luck!!!! 
Tenille 

HW-248.8   SW-233.4  1M-216.2   4M- 188.6
12Rowrena
on 5/24/12 12:51 am - Reinbeck, IA
Thank you for your post to try and help me.  It surprisees me that there were not more people from Iowa to try and help me with advice or who I could talk to that might know the info I was seeking.

Without giving up and continual fighting and my husband getting his Union involved I here there were only 3 of us waiting approval and I've been waiting since December and just a week ago I got my letter of approval and my testing is scheduled so am looking at surgery hopefully very soon.
tscasto
on 5/24/12 1:00 am - Urbandale, IA
VSG on 03/22/12
I've noticed that it seems most Iowans aren't out here much. Idk why. I even met another 1 in my Post- op group & she said she doesn't come out here often & I requested to friend her after the group & no response yet.

I have found a lot of good "advice" through experience out here & I track myself on lbs & measurements also.  I suggest staying out here & check out some other forums like the VSG forum under forums.

Best wishes & congrats!!!
Tenille 

HW-248.8   SW-233.4  1M-216.2   4M- 188.6
Most Active
Recent Topics