MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:09 pm - Irvine, CA
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medicaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

needsamiracle
on 1/2/08 10:36 pm - ID
I tried to email you but for some reason???? So, I had Medicare for my surgery and my Dr. is in Post Falls, ID. His is a center of excellence and his name is Dr. John Pennings. His phone number is: 208-262-0945. He does have a website it is Surgical Bariatrics North West . I hope this helps. Blessings to you all, Annie Walker AKA: Needsamiracle Lost 200 pounds since 4/16/07 Surgery Date: 8/29/07

Starting 510- Surgery 389 - Current  282
With God all things ARE Possible!

Karen M.
on 1/16/08 11:15 am - Twin Falls, ID
I understand Dr. Oakley's office in Boise is now accepting Medicaid and Medicare patients they were just approved in association with St. Lukes Hospital in Boise. Dr. Oakley's web site is www.thinidaho.com. Jennifer is the lady to talk to about the insurance she is a pro and Dr. Oakley has done over 500 surgeries and is going to preform surgery on my 65 year old mother in law in two weeks and she has the medicare/medicaid and a supplement insurance.
McKenna M.
on 1/19/08 2:20 pm - Caldwell, ID
Dr. Robert Korn in Boise accepts Medicare.  I don't know about Medicaid though.  He is the only Dr. I could find in this area that does accept it.  Dr. Oakley must of just started accepting it, because a couple of months ago he wasn't.  If I had known that he was, I probably would have gone to him.  But, Dr. Korn seems to know what he is doing.  So I am going to go with him, besides that, I have already paid $150 consultation fee. 
gaydria
on 1/20/08 6:45 am - Tacoma, WA
  If I hear of one in my area I will let you know, in the mean time I need one for follow up, so I can get all my last test results from my doctor in federal way washington, I can't seem to find a bariatric doc here, and almost as hard to get a family doc..as they are not taking new patients right now...   So if you hear of one , I live in Kimberly Idaho, that is close to TwinFalls Idaho...and Burley, about 100 miles to Boise and Idaho Falls, which I am willing to travel if I have to...   Thank you Gaydria
AmandaID
on 4/3/08 4:01 am - Shoshone, ID
Dr. Ko in Twin Falls used to do the RNY, and although he doesn't anymore, maybe he could at least be a local follow-up doc for you.

Amanda in ID
DS ~ Dec. 7, 2005, with Dr. Marchesini in Curitiba, Brazil
sw289/lw135/gw137/cw150
PS ~ June 6 & 19, 2008, with Dr. Kuster, Vila Velha, Brazil
check out my website at http://myweb.cableone.net/aeller5/DS/default.htm

barsgirl83
on 9/18/08 10:22 am - Pocatello, ID
I would not recommend Dr. Ko to anyone. His beside manner is TERRIBLE. He almost killed (I mean literally!) my father because he did not take the time to look for a perforation in his bowel and my father became septic. You will use Dr. Ko at your own risk.

Lisa
Tammy Douglas
on 3/5/08 12:01 am - Los Angeles, CA
Dr Podany used to be located in Pocatello Idaho. He took a job in motpellier Idaho, I do not know if he is still accepting people but he use to take medicaid. Blackfoot Idaho and Idaho falls both have surgeons with RNY experience but they are currently doing Lap banding at each hospital. You may want to look into both of them. Medicaid is difficult to get in Idaho (I Did) due to the requirement of after care and such things.

brendadouglas
on 3/27/08 10:39 am - BELLEVUE, ID
DR OAKLY  FROM ST LUKES IN BOISE ACCEPTS MEDICARE AND MEDICAID
Tammy Douglas
on 3/5/08 12:05 am - Los Angeles, CA
One point further. If you do qualify for Medicaid and you live in th eastern Idaho SouthEastern Idaho area. You can go to Salt Lake City and Wyoming and Medicaid would still cover such things if you meet their requirements (medicaid) First have your family doctor refer you to bariatric surgeon then pursue such a thing.

Most Active