Approved Finally and Have a Date!!!!!

LWeyerts
on 5/21/10 9:30 am - Weippe, ID
After a year and a half I finally have a date.  I was down to the 345 for surgery but after the holdidays and knee problems I am up to 359 So I have to loose the weight by July 26th or My doctor will cancel the surgery so I am getting it done hopefully I lost I sence Tuesday. Anyone a Dr Oakley patient? Maybe you can give me a clue what to expect with the pre op and the after. I was told to plan to be in Bosie 5 days 4 days after the surgery is that usual?   7 Hour trip from here. Thanks to all who have supported me through all the denials!!!!!!!
No I haven't heard anything yet!        
IdahoKristina
on 6/7/10 2:25 am
Congrats on your approval!  I know you've been waiting a long time.  My preop was really non eventful.  I just had to go to St. Lukes and be interviewed by a nurse and they take your vitals, and get your medicine and allergy history.  I think they may have done a blood draw too, but I didn't have to do any additional testing (but I also didn't have any serious co morbidities either).  You'll likely be in the hospital for 2 nights, and then get released on the 3rd afternoon.  You'll stay in bed the first night.  They'll get you up to walk on the 2nd day and they'll want you to walk at least 5 times per day.  You'll also start sipping water on the 2nd day.  You may have some gas trapped in your abdomen that can travel to your shoulder and it'll hurt some.  The RNY part of the surgery isn't really painful at all.  I was totally off of pain meds in 72 hours. Dr. Oakley is a great surgeon and you're in good hands.
Never trade what you want most for what you want at the moment

LWeyerts
on 6/7/10 4:42 am - Weippe, ID
Thank you you helped alot. My surgery is on monday the 26th but they told me to plan on staying till Sat. I was just wanting to know how much of that was hospital stay.  Thanks again so much.
No I haven't heard anything yet!        
Most Active