Im new here. lots of ??

bakerboy
on 7/10/10 11:17 am
Hi. Im new here and just started thinking about a surgery. My doc said I should have it done and then I saw this on TV.
http://www.kboi2.com/news/health/97867369.html?skipthumb=Y

I live by Boise and have so many questions and dont know how to get started. Has anybody gone to Saint Lukes and how did you get started. I have Medicaid insurance. The news make it sound like there is somebody to help out. Can you give me some ideas of how to start. I have diabetis and need to loose about 180 pounds.
Sarah T.
on 7/11/10 2:30 pm - twin falls, ID
I had my surgery at St. Lukes and it went well.  I had Dr. Oakley (which is the doctor that was on television) and it was great.  If you are thinking about having surgery you definately need to do research in order to find which surgery you think would be best for you .  Dr. Oakley does take medicaid and has a lady named Jen at his office that will let you know where you need to get started.  Here is there website:  http://www.thinidaho.com/.

Good Luck!!
You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.

idaho-red
on 7/21/10 12:16 pm, edited 7/21/10 12:16 pm
Hi there.  I also had my surgery at St Lukes.  They took such good care of me when I was there. 

Dr Oakley has a support/information group that meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month at St Lukes Meridian.  5pm, downstairs on the lower level.  Anyone is welcome - those considering other doctors and those who are pre or post-op.

Hope to see you there!
Every day is a new opportunity  

LWeyerts
on 7/23/10 2:20 pm - Weippe, ID
I have surgery on Monday at 10am.  I have Medicaid and am having my surgery at St. Lukes by Dr. Oakley.  The office people are great. Jennifer Garrison does the approval stuff for medicaid she is so good.  If you are thinking about it though get started.  Medicaid took 1year 6 mo to approve. Pass your psych exam the 1st time. It took 3 different dr's to get mine approved.  But the psychs here 7 hrs away wern't skilled as far as what they needed for paperwork for bariatric surgery.  The dr's in Boise will sent you to dr's experienced in that.  I also had some trouble because I didn't have diabetis, high blood pressure, or bad chlorestral. I am so excited but scared too. I started at 387 and now down to 344 with diet and excercise.  had to loose some for surgery to shrink fat and liver for safer surgery.  If you have any more questions just ask.  
No I haven't heard anything yet!        
Lkn4ward
on 7/24/10 2:21 am - Phoenix, AZ
LW good thoughts go out for a successful surgery with no complications.  Best of luck on your new journey....how exciting!
Hopeful and Lkn4ward....no turning back!

AmandaID is my
SW 364/CW/150/GW 150 - 5'9"

bakerboy
on 10/23/10 4:35 am
I need to tell you all that Dr. Oakeley was great. He has a patient advocate lady name Lorrie that helped with all the insurance stuff. I seen her at the seminar and she had the opration and has ben helping me and is a relly nice lady. I think she does this same thing for Dr. Corn and Dr. Valentine too. Anywy she is great and I wanted to tell everybody.
Sandi D.
on 6/9/11 7:48 am
RNY on 04/01/12

I agree...fabulous peeps in that office! I enjoy what little time I get to chat with both Lori and Jen very much, such helpful ladies.

So encouraging to hear all of you talk about St. L's and Dr. O this way...thank you for sharing!

I am a new creation.
2C517

AmandaID
on 8/30/11 1:22 pm - Shoshone, ID
 My sister and cousin went to Dr. Oakley for their DS surgeries. They both had Medicaid. I don't know which surgery you're thinking about, but if you have diabetes, I would highly recommend you fully look into the DS (www.duodenalswitch.com has great info), as the DS immediately cures diabetes in a high percentage of patients, and has better long-term weight loss statistics and eating lifestyle. (I had a DS, but not through Oakley.) No matter which surgery you decide to get, make sure you do your research so you know what to expect for the rest of your life, be prepared to pay for the OTC vitamins and minerals you will need to be able to maintain your health, and learn how best to use this tool for health. Good luck to you!!!

Amanda in ID
DS ~ Dec. 7, 2005, with Dr. Marchesini in Curitiba, Brazil
sw289/lw135/gw137/cw150
PS ~ June 6 & 19, 2008, with Dr. Kuster, Vila Velha, Brazil
check out my website at http://myweb.cableone.net/aeller5/DS/default.htm

lamosus
on 2/2/11 2:07 pm - Boise , ID
I have to agree with 100%. I talked to her before the meeting so I could get there and was very pleased to meet her. She is full of all types of information about what we need to do. Just ask her and she will point you in the right direction.
Most Active