Monday 7/26/10

LWeyerts
on 7/23/10 2:23 pm - Weippe, ID
Well my surgery is at 10 on Monday.  I am so excited yet so scared.  I bought my vitamins, calcium,and some samples of protine drink.  It's the complications that have me so scared.  Lisa
No I haven't heard anything yet!        
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/10 10:32 am - Elkhorn City, KY
Good for you girl you will be in my prayers!
Kelkie
on 7/25/10 8:54 am - Baker City, OR
I am right after you on Wednesday. Good luck!

cravinenergy
on 8/19/10 12:50 pm - Boise, ID
Hope all is well! Why did you choose Dr Oakley? I went to Dr Anderson's seminar and am not comfortable w/him. Any comment?
IdahoKristina
on 8/20/10 1:44 am
Hi there,

I just happened to see your post and thought I'd chime in with my 2 cents..  I chose Dr. Oakley for a couple of reasons.  I have known a few people who have had the RNY done (with Dr's other than Dr. Oakley) and that have had significant complications (leakage w/ peritonitis, seizures, extreme vomiting and extreme weight loss)  This alone made me nervous about the surgery overall.  I attended the support groups in addition to the informational sessions given by Dr. Oakley and his nurse Jennifer Garrison and I never heard anyone there speak about any major complications with Dr. Oakley's surgeries.

Second, my employer has known Dr. Oakley for literally decades in both personal, and professional capacities. When I told my employer about my upcoming surgery, he shared a story about how one of his relatives had a severe intestinal issue (Some sort of obstruction) a number of years ago and Dr. Oakley operated and saved his relatives life.  My boss said he knew I was in good hands and that Dr. Oakley was very talented.  This solidified in my mind that I had made the right decision.

Finally, I am in the healthcare field myself and I was impressed with his professionalism and the results of his surgeries compared with those of other major bariatric healthcare providers that he presented at his informational seminar.  I was confident in his abilities, and now that I am a year out I can speak to the level of service that I've received from him personally, and his staff.  When I walk in the door they recognize me and know me by my first name.  That's saying a lot considering I haven't had one single complication of the surgery, so it's not like I'm a "frequent flyer" in their office.

Anyways, I hope that this helps you out.  Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Have a great day!
Never trade what you want most for what you want at the moment

IdahoKristina
on 7/27/10 1:15 am
Hi Lisa,

I was thinking about you all day yesterday.  I hope everything went well for you and you are up and moving around the hospital this morning. 

Keep in touch!

Kristina
Never trade what you want most for what you want at the moment

Most Active