Recent Posts

Kim W.
on 6/30/14 9:24 am
Topic: RE: Lets Get This Idaho Board Active!

Thank you for responding! Who was your surgeon? May I ask what insurance you have? I do meet the requirements for BMI and co-morbidity.

"Too weird to live, too rare to die." HST

Jenn S.
on 6/25/14 3:35 pm - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

Hi Kim! Good luck with your insurance.  I don't know your details or why they think you will most likely be denied, but you never know. I myself did not have any issues getting approved for surgery. I did meet the BMI and co-morbidity requirements.

Kim W.
on 6/23/14 12:11 am

Hi. My name is Kim, and while I've been lurking around here for a couple of months, I only signed up yesterday. I'm still jumping through the last of the hoops I need to before submitting to insurance. You would think that with all this jumping I'd already be thin. I have Blue Cross, Southwest Silver, and have been told by my surgeon's office that I'll most likely be denied. I'm using Dr. Korn. I'd like to know what experiences others have had regarding insurance approval.

"Too weird to live, too rare to die." HST

Jenn S.
on 6/21/14 5:27 am - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

Thanks, I'm doing pretty well. My two biggest issues right now are just being tired after barely doing anything, and two the need for texture.  Liquids for days on end is a hard thing to do.  It's all worth it in the end, but lots of hard work to be had.  Good luck to you getting your surgery date!

Justin L.
on 6/20/14 8:51 pm

I too would like to see Idaho get more active on here. I don't have my surgery scheduled yet. Waiting for the nurse to call and do that. Hoping she calls this week!!! Hope you're doing great post op.

Jenn S.
on 6/8/14 4:15 am - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

Hello,  I've been around this site for the past year or so but only become active recently. I am scheduled for surgery on the 16th (8 days away), with Dr. Valentine. Am nervous and anxious  and excited all at the same time.  Would love for the Idaho forum to get more active as well!

Jenn

clr055
on 5/15/14 2:09 am - Lewisville, ID

Hi! Yes we don't seem to be a very active forum. I am new to the board and am just getting things rolling to get RNY. Where did you have your surgery done? I am over by Idaho Falls but am considering going down to SLC to have it done. I have not heard good things about the WLS surgeons in Blackfoot (closest facility that does it to here). Any feedback is appreciated!

Imakitekat
on 3/26/14 8:40 pm - ID
VSG on 09/23/13

Good Morning back! It would be nice if this bored was more active that's for sure! My journey is going well I think considering all my challenges.........I am close to 6 months out and down 104 pounds! The eating and fatigue is still a challange, I think it will be for a while. I had the VSG and have actually had the dumping syndrome, it's not fun, stay away from it at all costs! Great job on your weight loss! Hope we can get more people involved!

Smiles:)

Lisa

Joan G.
on 3/23/14 11:39 am
Joan G.
on 3/23/14 11:38 am
Topic: RE: Any Dr. Oakley patients?

I'm Dr. Oakley patient. Surgery 6 years ago. Had a few problems at 5 years, but doing well now. I would like to drop 10 lbs.  I have to remember how! RNY is what I had.

Most Active