Recent Posts

jdsparkee
on 2/22/14 11:36 pm
RNY on 01/28/14
Topic: Lets Get This Idaho Board Active!

Good Morning!  I know we have several Idaho alumni and pre-op's from my doctor visits and the few support groups I've been to.  How is your journey going?  As for me, I'm 3-1/2 weeks out and still riding the roller coaster as it relates to feeling good, then instantly fatigued.  I've had the great fortune of not over eating or being sick yet and I am watching it very closely.  Last weigh in (4-5 days ago) showed a 24 lb. weight loss.  I'm off to a great start!  

SW: 226  CW:166   M1: -27 M2: -11 M3: -16 M4: -3 (health issues)

RNY Surgery Date: 1/28/14 

Jillzsassy
on 11/8/13 11:07 pm - Parma, ID
Topic: RE: Any Dr. Oakley patients?

Hi Lisa,

I have been wondering how you are doing? Are you feeling pretty good? How is your weight loss going? I am feeling good, and after a stall, have started losing weight again. I feel grateful that I have not had any real problems with the surgery, or even after. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jill

Jillzsassy
on 11/1/13 7:52 am - Parma, ID

Hi Lisa,

So good to hear from you and CONGRATULATIONS! on your weight loss!! I had RNY, and am glad I had the surgery. I have bounced back quickly and am also glad to see the scale going down! I have lost 31 pounds since the surgery for a total loss of 37 # .

It is so nice to connect!

Have a good week-end

Jill

Imakitekat
on 10/29/13 10:10 am - ID
VSG on 09/23/13
Hi
We had our surgery the same day, mine was rhe first one! I'm surprised I didn't see you at the hospital. No one was walking the halls when I was there. I have lost 65 pounds altogether and 30 since surgery! So cool that happened. I am usually on the vsg site or over 50 bmi on obesity help but wherever you want to write me is good! Hope your doing well
Smiles
Lisa
Jillzsassy
on 10/29/13 9:22 am - Parma, ID

Hi, I am new to this site, I had my wls on September 23, 2013 by Dr. Oakley. I am so glad I did it, and so glad to see the scale move!

I live in Parma, Idaho. It does seem like this is a very active forum, but hope to hear from other Idaho'ans!

Imakitekat
on 8/16/13 4:27 pm - ID
VSG on 09/23/13

That's good to know, I think Dr. Oakley will do a good job!  Thanks for responding, there aren't a whole lot of Idahoans on this site, it's nice to stick together!

band2sleeverevision
on 8/16/13 4:06 am
VSG on 02/25/13

I used Dr. Valentine, but I think they're all good.  I had a band and had to have it removed and revised to a VSG.  Make sure you attend the support meetings and cooking class.  They're really great and help you prepare.

I think overall that they have a great program.

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/13 5:59 pm
Topic: RE: Dr Valentine

Hi, which surgery did you get?  Do you live in Boise?  I worry because I live in Idaho Falls.  I am scheduled to attend a seminar on the 13th of June in Twin Falls.  Just starting my ride. 

Imakitekat
on 5/7/13 9:10 pm - ID
VSG on 09/23/13
Topic: Any Dr. Oakley patients?
Hi

Doesn't look like anyone has posted in a while, just wondered if anyone is getting or has gotton the VSG and what your experience has been so far? I will be getting it probably mid sept if everything goes right.

Thanks
Lisa
RedCuckoo
on 1/27/13 10:28 am - ID
Topic: RE: Dr Valentine

Dr Valentine did my surgery on 12-12-12 and I am very happy. He is wonderful and his office staff is great too.

Most Active