Sunday roll call

sherry1963
on 5/21/11 9:02 pm
Good morning eveyone,

It was nice to see all the greetings of my posting again.  I always lurk but I don't post, unless I am at home. 
Don't want to leave any traces on my work computer, never know who is watching what I do on company time.

The support group was through OSF with my oringial doctors support staff.  On a fluke I called his office here in Rockford, and there was a meeting just the next day.

I have had no real problem with my band, just poor choices. 

In the group there were people from just having the band placed and some who were a little over 1 year out.  It was great to see how excited people were when they first get there band.  I have to remember my first year, things were going good and you were loosing and so excited.  The nut runs the group and is full of good information.

Well today my baby gradutates from High School, now I am a mother of 2 college students.  What a change. 

Have a great day everyone.

crystal M.
on 5/21/11 9:57 pm - Joliet, IL
Hello everyone

I got a surprise visit from Amanda last night!!!!  I have a great kid.

Sitting here eating breakfast and watching Law & Order.  So I am relaxing till Amanda wakes up.  She wants to go to the mall today to shop for Yoga clothes because she is taking yoga classes.  Then we may go to a garage sale or to a thrift store.  So my lazy Sunday has changed to something a little more exciting!!!  

The first thing my Amanda said when she saw me was how skinny I looked now!!!  She was saying I look really good.  Coming from her that's a compliment because she takes good care of herself.  She loved my mother of the bride outfit.  

So I will have a nice day withg my daughter today.  I hope you all have a good day too.  Bye all. 

sjweiser
on 5/21/11 9:58 pm
Good Morning / Illinois,
Well I had a weigh in lost some more weight. I have 35 more lbs. to go. Well I have to
go shopping today. and also going to walgreens for my meds. I hope everyone has a wonderful
Sunday.

Steven 
crystal M.
on 5/21/11 10:31 pm - Joliet, IL
Sherry-  as a person with a band I can tell you that it can be very hard to comply with all the band rules.  I would be lying if I said I always comply and have never made poor choices.  All we can do is recognize are mistakes and start over. 

I always remember a quote for this very occasion

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. “ - Nelson Mandela

Lisa Tucker
on 5/21/11 10:40 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13
 Good Morning Sherry  and Everyone.

I did get the frig cleaned out yesterday.  It took me longer then I expected it would, but it is done. Today is laundry and a bit of pickup, I also need to fill my car with gold and silver. I am hoping the prices of gas keep falling.

Tomorrow starts my last full week of work. I do have to work the 31st, but then freedom until the 1st of September. I won't have to listen to any more clients being upset about thier gas or electric being shut off for "no reason".  Of course, when you see thier bills, and they total over $1000., you know why. They haven't paid them, probably for months.

Otherwise, I am either making chicken or pork chops on the grill for dinner tonight. It is time for bbq. Maybe try to get DH to open the pool.

Crystal, aren't kids great!!!

Sherry, we all make poor choices at some time.  Just start over.

Have a great day, stay safe.

Hugs,
Lisa

Start Weight   330
Current          219    BMI 38  I am in the normal range!!!
Goal Weight  180

(deactivated member)
on 5/22/11 12:24 am - Woodstock, IL
Morning everyone!

My sister is doing ok.  She is sore and keeps joking she is half man (which I think the jokes are to cover up that she is very sad about this).  Her hair is starting to grow back though!

Yesterday we signed the papers to put the house on the market.  We went to the farmers market, had breakfast and then went to Crystal Lake for errands.  I went to Kohls and got a pair of shorts and a couple more tshirts.  I'm so excited to buy clothes without a W after them and shop in the regular misses section!  So many more cute choices!

We then stopped at the Nissan dealer "just to look"!  We now have a new car in the driveway.  The guy that sold us the car was pretty good.  We wanted a car payment of $250 but my husband is good and got us to $225!  I really hate the fact that I am losing my company car.   Oh well!  We then went to Milwaukee to meet my other sister and her husband for dinner.  We didn't get home until midnight.

Today we are starting to de-clutter the house.  Give it a good clean.  Get the stuff ready for a garage sale.  I'm not looking forward to it since it's a gorgeous day outstide!!!!! 

Have a great day today Crystal with Amanda.  I'm glad you guys have a day together! 

Steven-great job on the weight loss!

Sherry-one day at a time!

Lisa-bbq is sounding like a great idea!!!!!

Take care,

Jules

crystal M.
on 5/22/11 5:22 am - Joliet, IL
Jules-

So what kind of car did you get???

Yes, your sister's jokes remind me of my "fat" jokes I would make about myself.  I figured I would beat people to the punch.  It's a way to deal with the pain.  I don't think it's a bad way to deal with it.  They say humor is a good thing and she is at least dealing with her loss.  I hope she bounces back quickly and stays cancer free. 
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/11 5:49 am - Woodstock, IL
We bought the Nissan Sentra.  It's a cute little car that should get good gas milege.  And it has all the bells and whistles....navigation, sun roof, XM radio, etc.  I like it so far!

ahmerzrealm
on 5/22/11 5:02 am - Naperville, IL
Not too special of a Sunday. The hamburger I made last night tasted waaay to good. I guess thats what happens when you dont eat one in a while :P

Went to the gym and burned 700 calories on the elliptical. Pretty much pushed it to edge. Although I didnt lift a pound I am sore all over. My weight lifting is set to begin on Wednesday (have an appoint w a fitness trainer). I am switching between powerade zero and spring water to keep me hydrated on this warm and lovely day.

I will be headed to my sisters place for a bbq. I am gonna have yet another hamburger. I can only eat half of one so it shouldnt be too bad for my diet. I use Arnold Thins, best bread product ever. So if any of you havent tried it by now... please do !

My car is a trash dump right now . I got a car wash and got the outside to sparkling shine now I gotta do the same thing with the interior.

Thats all for now
Nancy G.
on 5/22/11 8:33 am - La Salle, IL
 Good Afternoon Sherry and Illinois!

Today I have not been as productive as yesterday.  Yesterday I cleaned drawers and what a difference!  The clean up continues.  Today has been a laid back day for me.  In fact I just woke up from a nap. 

Sherry, we all have pitfalls and errors.  I too am struggling.  Crystal, how great to get a surprise visit from Amanda!   I hope the two of you had a good time together.  I am looking forward to seeing the skinny Crystal!  Steven, you are making great strides-- congratulations!.  Lisa, I am with you on wondering what people are thinking when they cannot figure out why they are in trouble when they owe so much money or are sitting in a class because they have a bad check.  After all it is not somthing they did, everyone else is out to get them and everyone (businesses) are just too greedy.  Jules, I am glad your sister made it through surgery ok.  I am sure the emotional recovery will take awhile.  Joking is a good sign that she is accepting it and/or deaing with it.  Congrats on the new car.  I did that once.  I just stopped on my way to my parents one weekend to take a peek at what the dealer had and continued on in a new car!  Enjoy your new baby!  What color is it? Also, lots on your agenda.  Ahmer, bbq burgers sound so yummy right now.  Enjoy!  

Nothing really going on here.  It is a quiet Sunday.  Sunny but hot.  Waiting for the t-storms to roll in.  

Have a great evening!  

Cat Lady

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1068 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5593 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5338 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5365 views