Thursday Roll Call

sherry1963
on 6/1/11 8:57 pm
Good morning all

Thank you all for thinking of me and my tight band yesterday, it must have the the trick.  This morning I am back to normal. 

I have good news, my youngest son just got a job.  Its at culvers and he starts monday, and then we go next week for a weeks vacation.  He did tell them this during the interview.  Now I just need to have my 20 year old find a job.  Its hard when the younger son does better then the oldest.  Tears at a mom's heart strings.  So lets keep good thoughts his way. 

Looks like its going to be a nice day.  Any rain in the forcast.  I am tired of trying to figure them out.  Just when I think its not going to rain, here it comes. 

Got my classes at the gym tonight, my arms are killing me from Tues.
crystal M.
on 6/1/11 9:33 pm, edited 6/1/11 9:43 pm - Joliet, IL
Hello everyone

It's Friday Eve already!!!  Yeah!!!  I have to weigh in tomorrow.  I am hoping the scale will be moving again.  I am so close to my next goal.  I want to be 199 by Amanda's wedding and I am alomst there!!!  I'm at 207.  So hopefully the scale moved a little.  I was supposed to meausre myself yesterday (because I measure on the 1st of every month)...but I forgot.  I have my fingers crossed!!!  If I am plateaued again this week I will have to think of another way to jolt my body back into weight loss!!!

I am looking forward to the weekend.  I am wearing a completely new outfit.  I like wearing my new Summer clothes.  It's good too because most of my Winter clothes are too big. 

I am thinking about going to one of those employment agencies down in Champaign...but they have to find my a permanent position.  I am not quiting my job for a temp job...no way.  But they might be able to find something quicker.  I will have to take a day off just to go down there and sign up with the agency.  We will see.

Sherry-  I'm glad your band was being temperamental.  Mine can be a pain.  One day too loose and I can eat whatever and the next day I'm too tight.  It's the nature of the beast.

Well I better get going.  Have a great day.  Bye 

georgie3772
on 6/2/11 3:44 am - Manteno, IL
Hi Crystal,

Have you/are you using www.indeed.com?  A job searching friend of mine likes it because you can put in a location and job title/type and it searches a lot of different boards.  Just thought I'd mention it.  And, yes, you don't want to quit full time to get a temp or pt position!!  Good luck with the search.

I was thinking today, the wedding is FAST approaching!!  Bet all of you are excited!

georgie

crystal M.
on 6/2/11 4:14 am - Joliet, IL
Yes I go on Indeed.com several times a week.  I also go on the classifieds section of the local newspaper (it's online).  And of course careerbuilder. 

The wedding is the 26th!!!!  Very soon!!!   I can't wait for the day to get here.  Partly because I know it will be a wonderful day for Amanda.  And also because it will be a relief to have that stress gone.   
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/11 10:44 pm - Woodstock, IL
Good morning!

Today I have conference calls in the morning and then getting my toes done as a treat from my husband!  I then will take the train into the city since one of Rob's friends is throwing him a going away party.  It should be fun but we will get home late!

Received some listing for houses that we will be seeing this weekend.  I hope we find a place to live!  I also received 3 moving quotes so far.......I should just move like the Beverly Hillbillies.  Much cheaper! 

Hope you all have a great day!

Jules

Lisa Tucker
on 6/1/11 11:21 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13
 Good Morning,

Well, I didn't get my bedroom carpet cleaned yesterday. I was able to pre-treat a couple of spots, then I couldn't get the soap tp come out. So, DH will need to look at it. I did get some bulbs planted. They are suppose to come up this summer. We will see. 

Today, I have some errands to run, then I think i am inviting my neighbors for a BBQ.
Just brats and hamburgers. Some baked beans and chips, a relish tray, and jello salad.
My manta this summer is to keep it simple.

Crystal, don't beat yourself up if you don't lose any weight this week. it will happen.

jules, you are always going. Have a good time at your husbands party. And remember, it is a buyers market on real estate. Have a great and profittable weekend.

Nancy, you seem to be doing great. Enjoy your remaining time off.

Hugs, LISA

Start Weight   330
Current          219    BMI 38  I am in the normal range!!!
Goal Weight  180

Nancy G.
on 6/1/11 11:42 pm - La Salle, IL
 Good Morning Everyone!

Yes, I am up but I dont know for how long.    I am already ready for a nap.  

My cleaning lady comes today and the decluttering continues.  It is a slow but steady progression and we are seeing progress!

Today I have sore stomach muscles from PT yesterday.  That therapist really did crack the whip!  But that is good.  

Sherrie, I am glad your band is back to "normal" today.  That is a big relief.  Crystal, you have done an amazing job so far so if your body decides it needs another week hiatus from weight loss, so be it.  I agree with Lisa, dont beat yourself up.  Jules, your life is such a whirlwind right now.  I am sure thinking about you.  I hope you find that "perfect" house.  Are your quotes including the movers doing the packing?  Also is Rob's new company paying for the move?  That sure would be nice.  Lisa, keeping it simple is a great idea.  Everyone loves hamburgers, brats and beans.  Sounds like fun!  

I hope everyone has a great day!  

Nancy

Cat Lady

ahmerzrealm
on 6/2/11 12:22 am - Naperville, IL
Hello my friends !!

Tomorrow is Friday and to top it off its payday (happy dance) :P

I went to the gym on a mission yesterday. It was to break the 1000 calorie barries. And boy did I work my tushi off. Took me a lil under 90 mins but I walked out of the gym with one big happy smile. I ended up with 1027 calories. The surprising part was that I wasnt feeling dead at the end of it all. So, I guess my endurance is getting there !!

I have realized that I can cut my calories in half if I mix my protein in water instead of milk . The downside is that I have a hell of a hard time downing a shake mixed in water. For the meanwhile, I will grin and bear it. Hopefully it will grow on me or at the very least I will get used to the protein aftertaste.

I havent lifted any weights this week. I am afraid of the backlash my body punishes me with. The soreness and fatigue (even with the lowest weights) impacts my performance at work and I am having none of that. I will do weights tommorrow. This way I will have the weekend to recover.

I got a new book yesterday "The success habits of weight loss pateints" by Coleen Cook. It applies to every weight loss surgery patient.. not just RNY. Its a basic no nonsense book about some simple but vital principles one must follow for LONG term success with WLS. I really like the book. I recommend everyone reading it.

Alright thats it for now .. ttyl

Ahmer
berts4
on 6/2/11 12:35 am - Rock City, IL
Good morning Sherry and the rest of Illinois!

I have been very busy at work lately and could only check in to read.

David now works here too.  I am hoping that is a good thing and why not?  Everyone else in the family is getting a shot, he might as well take his.  Funny......all of a sudden, his grandfather is acting like he HAS a grandson (David is the ONLY boy and the grandfather has always been less than interested in kids in general).  Telling David that he may well run this company some day..........   We will see.  At least he will make a few $$ over the summer and maybe can get a decent vehicle.

We are working the AirFest this Saturday in the VIP tent.  It is always a fun day.  Even though the Blue Angels are grounded, the show will still be fun.  Volunteering for this gig has lots of perks.  We may even still have a couple of tickets left to give away, I need to check.

Gotta get back to it!  Everyone have a lovely day!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

ahmerzrealm
on 6/2/11 2:32 am - Naperville, IL
The more you use your arms the less they will hurt.  I found out this out the hard way. I could give you the science behind it but I dont wanna bore you :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1068 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5593 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5338 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5365 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5400 views