Friday Roll Call

Lisa Tucker
on 1/3/13 7:39 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Good Morning.

It seems like we had a few flakes overnight. Just enough to make you need to sweep off the car before you take off this morning.

No plans for today, except to dive into a bedroom cleaning. In fact, this will be a quiet weekend. We have no plans at all.

What are your plans?

Hugs,

Lisa

Phatchick
on 1/3/13 8:06 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

HI Lisa and OH'ers,

Lisa, a no-plan weekend sounds divine after all the holiday hub-bub.

I am busy today. I have my workout, but I also have to finish cleaning. I have dusting and floors to do.

I have a late afternoon hair appointment and then will be going to dinner with some friends and the hubby.

Right now we have no plans for the weekend. But I think Grathell ( aka G) my hubby, may want to go see his mom and dad. We will see.

I've been doing some posting on freecycle.org and getting rid of more clothes. I had so much clothes, especially work attire. I have been having fun, cleaning out those closets. Yesterday a lady picked up 2 winter coats and some sweaters I put in a box for her. She later e-mailed me and told me she had needed a winter coat and felt like it was Christmas when she opened the box. I realized this stuff can really be going to people who need it. I just need to keep doing it. It feels so freeing to get rid of "stuff" and replace that spot with free clean space.  

I had a stall for about a month and have started losing again. I lost 4 lbs this week and am energized about it. I changed up my workout and instead  of going to aerobics class, I swim. I miss the class, but it was getting too easy.

Well roosters and chicks, have a great Friday.

Hugs,

Sharon

crystal M.
on 1/3/13 9:12 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Friday is here!!!!

Yesterday my doctor appointment went well.  I only lost 2 1/2 lbs last month, but he said that was good during a month when the average person gains 7lbs.  It didn't matter I wasn't happy.  He also suggested something I am going to try and already have most of the ingredients (I went shopping yesterday).  I told him I hate most veggies.  He gave me a recipe for a smoothie that includes beets, kale and spinach but supposedly you can't taste it.  I told him I don't like to drink my calories so he said I can freeze it...so I'm going to freeze it!!!  I'm making it tonight and freezing it overnight and trying it for breakfast.  See how I like it.  It would be nice to get kale and spinach into my diet.  I love him...he is always so proactive about helping me lose weight and be healthy.  Most doctors would be satisfied with my weight loss and he is trying to find ways to help me eat healthier.  He said I can add protein and flax seed to the drink too (I asked about those).

I have plans to run some errands after work.  I also have to get in for a hair appointment.  I waited till after the holidays to do it.  I of course will be working out today too.  Then of course Chipotle and make my healthy smoothie. 

Sharon- I never considered freecycle.  I always do Goodwill when I need to give away clothes. 

I see we are in for some snow tomorrow...yuck.  Is it Summer yet...

Well I got finish getting ready....Have a fabulous Friday...see ya later...bye

randy777
on 1/3/13 9:25 pm - Schaumburg, IL

I see some of our early birds are back.

Went to Python Office Hours last night at Pumping Station: One.  Had a wonderful time.  6500 square foot of hobbyist running everything from a ratchet wrench to a metal cnc lathe and linux servers.

Moved the paddle yesterday in Pong now I need to change their velocities by keyboard input.

Randy

So you have been forgiven?

Nancy G.
on 1/3/13 9:33 pm - La Salle, IL

Good Morning Everyone!

It is Friday!    I am so glad.  Yesterday we were swamped at work so I am bracing myself for today.  January is always famous for being busy -- no vacations or time off.  Extra hours if you want them. 

We did not get any snow last night so it must have gone south to Lisa.  That is fine with me.

We have a bunch of stuff in the garage for a garage sale but have never gotten around to a sale so we are letting the store that supports the homeless shelter come today to pick up items that they want and then just write the donation off on taxes. 

We have no plans for the weekend either.  Yay! 

Everyone have a great day!

Cat Lady

Lisa Tucker
on 1/3/13 10:11 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

I to am into a closet. A few from where I work are having a goodwill drive towards the end of the month. I will not have any clothes, since I did that earlier, but  I do have a lot of household stuff I will be donating to them.

Crystal, You are still losing! Yeah!

Sharon, i need to get my hair done too, but I am waiting until March, before the wedding.

Randy, I am not sure what you are doing, but it sounds like it keeps you busy.

Lisa

birder I.
on 1/3/13 11:40 pm - Rockford, IL

Good morning!

Well yesterday we worked in the basement and cleaned out the box room. Totally filled a recycling bin with cardboard and got lots of stuff ready for trash pickup today. Got rid of a lot of old ratty Christmas decorations andcleaned out two storage closets. very productive day!

Later I went to Pinnon's and got some great steaks on sale for cost because they overbought for the holidays. I came home and made Cincinnati chili which we will share with a couple of single friends because when we make a big reciple we never eat it all, even if we freeze part of it. So things that can't be cut in half we tend to share now.

We might go to a wine tasting tonight or go to first friday downtown. Haven't decided yet.

Love the emoticons. Thanks again!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

berts4
on 1/4/13 5:22 am, edited 1/4/13 5:26 am - Rock City, IL

Recipe?  My friend that went to Madison with me was talking about Cincinnati Chili.  They serve it over spaghetti?

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

berts4
on 1/4/13 5:25 am - Rock City, IL

Good afternoon Lisa and the rest of Illinois!

I am at work, backing up a program.  Kinda like watching paint dry.  Once I leave here, I might head to Pinnon's, sounds like a deal.  Otherwise, I think I am headed home.  Don't think we have any major plans for the weekend.  I know the boys will be going to the "Bull Nut Feed" tomorrow, but not sure if I will join them.

When I got home on Wednesday, the tree was out and almost everything was put away!  I could not believe that Todd and Liv actually LISTENED to me!  I was very happy.

I agree that a laid back weekend sounds nice.

Gotta get back to it.......

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Karen R.
on 1/4/13 8:50 am

Had a great day with the grand kids. I don't go back to work till Tuesday. We had a super long winter break this year. From Dec. 21 to January 8th. .Then on the 9 th I have a very special day. My baby grand daughter turns 6...Where has the time gone. In March it will be 6 years for my lap band. 

I plan on getting my room all prettied up this week end, I am getting me some new bedding, tired of looking at all the old faded draby stuff. Time for changes. I picked out some new stuff today but I want to go to Kohls and see what they have before I get anything....

Later ..

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1071 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5600 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5342 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5370 views