Friday Roll Call

Lisa Tucker
on 1/17/13 8:24 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Good Morning!!

Today, one of my best friends from childhood is coming for the weekend, She will be going to my daughter Annette's engagement party with us tomorrow. We asre so much alike, its scary sometimes. So, i want to be ready when she gets here.

I am carless today. Hubert got called back to work last night, and when he started home, his car died about 1 mile from home. So, at about 11:15 last night, I am going to pick him up. Pjs and all.He had already called for a towtruck, so I wasn't out there more then 15 min. I try  never  to drive at night, but it was interesting. There are more people out at that time of night, then I knew.

I made BBQ last night to take to the party on Sat. 10# is a cinch. I used to make 30 to 40# a week, when we had a food service.

Welcome to our newest poster. We are all friends here, and we talk about everything. I really love his group.

What is on your agenda for today and the weekend?

Hugs to all,

LISA

crystal M.
on 1/17/13 8:28 pm, edited 1/17/13 8:29 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Happy Friday all!!!

I finished my project yesterday. Wasn't so bad since everything was set up and all I had to do was plug in the data. It also went went faster because I knew what I was doing...I wasn't learning as I was going. I did get some overtime out of the project.

Today after work I am going to run some errands, groceries, Chipotle and workout. That usually takes me way into the evening.

Oh and I did have a creeper in the gym yesterday!!! A old guy came in took a look around and stood there and watched me for awhile and then decided to get on the machine next to me...with his regular clothes and shoes on...and spent the rest of the time "working out" but kept looking at me!!! When I say looking at me..I mean looking at my chest...no where near my face...hahaha!!!

I think Sunday other than doing laundry and working out I am staying in...it's going to be so cold!!!  indecision I will take a much needed lazy day and just hibernate. I may even stay in my PJs!!! hahaha!!! 

So how's your day looking....

Have a good day...see ya later gators...bye

Nancy G.
on 1/17/13 9:43 pm - La Salle, IL

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy Friday!  It was a short work week for me lol.  I had a doctor appointment yesterday and found out that I did indeed have bronchitis so take that Office Max!    The appointment was for a for a follow up from the last time I was sick.  Such timing!

So I walked out with an antibiotic and more cough syrup. 

Today it is just work and then home.  No special plans for the weekend.  That suits me fine.  I do have an appointment with Fluffer to give him a good brushing.  That will lead to others lining up. 

Lisa, I am so sorry Huber't's car broke down.  I hope it is not serious.  I am amazed at the number of people out wandering around at night.  You wonder why they are not home.  Enjoy your time with your friend.  Best friends are so special.  They need to be treasured.

Crystal, your weekend sounds busy.  A day hibernating sounds delightful.  I hope you enjoy your weekend. 

Everyone have a great day!

Cat Lady

crystal M.
on 1/18/13 8:38 am - Joliet, IL

Nancy-  it seems to me that you have been having a run of bad luck in the sick department lately.  I hope this will be the last time in a very long time!!!

Usually if I'm out that late it's because I'm driving home from some where...because I was out somewhere with friends or family.  Or I decided to go out and do some groceries or run to Walgreens.  Those are really the reasons why I'm out late.  Some times I get stir crazy and just want to do something even if it's midnight.  So I run to Walmart...and it's nice because no is there.

birder I.
on 1/18/13 4:59 am - Rockford, IL

Hi friends!

This has been a productive week starting with going to the doc alone on Monday and to support group. Tuesday I met a friend for lunch, Wed knitting, Thursday Kay and I went to Colorlab and got makeup made for each of us. I also got my hair cut and ran into a friend who speaks Spanish and spent an hour chatting with her. I stopped the the Vitamin Shoppe and found Quest protein bars there so I won't have to order them anymore. I also bought one bottle of a protein drink which I heard about at support group, but after tasting it this AM, it's not for me. I'm always willing to try a new protein, but this wasn't it. Click and Quest seem to be the ones I can tolerate. Today I got the oil changed, air added to tires and my turn light fixed. These should have been done last week but sometimes I just can't make myself do these little things. I also got a pedicure today and then came home and took a nap.

No plans for the weekend except knitting. Have a good weekend and enjoy whatever you are doing or not doing!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Phatchick
on 1/18/13 7:34 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Y'all,

It's 5:20p and not dark out!!!!!!!! The days are getting longer. Love it!

I had a very busy day, i was out the door by 7a to my new job and then went to the gym afterwards, I am going to have start packing a lunch. I refuse to eat fast food and I am starving by 1, but refuse to stop because i am trying like heck to get to the gym everyday before the evening crowd gets there. I have been managing to get there by 3 which works out good.  I had the pool to myslef today. Lovely.....

My 15 lb Maine Coon, Kyle is back to normal. Right now he is sitting on my lap trying to get my attention. He is such a lovey dovey boy. He gets very affectionate whenever i sit down at the computer!??!?!?!?!?

Connie, you have had such a busy week. Hope you and Kay enjoy the weekend. 

Lisa, Have fun with your gal-pal. I had dinner with my best girl-friend last night and it was like putting on an old comfortable robe. We have been friends for 25+ years. We see each other rarely now-a-days, but when we do it's like we saw each other yesterday.

Crystal, it sounds like there are some real pervos in your complex. Is is a big place? Ugh. Please be safe. You carry your phone with you, correct?

Nancy, You have had more than your share of being sick. Feel better. Try to stay warm and cozy this weekend.

Welcome, to the newcomer. This is an awesome group of IL folks. They have been so kind to me. I am a newbie as well. I look forward to hearing more about you.

Enjoy the rest of your evening......

Hugs,

Sharon

crystal M.
on 1/18/13 8:27 am - Joliet, IL

Sharon- I don't know how you workout having not eaten since 7a!!! I can't workout having not eaten since noon...I get light headed and I just don't have the ooomf!!! I also am more like to get a migraine too. That's why I always have a before workout snack...about 45 minutes before I go. I always have 3-4 apples slices and 1 tbsp of peanut butter. I prefer that over any energy bars...those things are just full of chemicals and preservatives and additives. My Nut was all about staying away from manufactured, processed foods...and going with whole, natural foods.    

It is a pretty big complex.  I'm not sure where these guys live...because the everyone by me seems nice.  Of course I carry my phone...my phone is my ipod.  I also have my mace with me too!!!  Oh and one more thing I can kick some ass...one good thing about growing up the way I did...I learned really young how to defend myself against pushy scumy guys and some bullies too!!!  Grrr...I am woman hear me roar!!!!  Hahaha!!!

Phatchick
on 1/18/13 8:14 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Crystal,

I am glad you are safe......but always be aware, especailly when you are listening to music.

I grabbed a hard boiled egg and a slice of cheese on the way to the gym. You are correct though. I should have eaten. I always think I'll stop at home and get something, but once, I get going on these foreclosures I cant stop. I just want to get them done. I will plan better.

Last night I came home and had a broiled grass fed burger and salad. It was sooooo good since I was hungry.

I dont eat protein bars either. I stick to whole foods.

I do you hear you roar...I love it!

Sharon

crystal M.
on 1/18/13 8:29 am, edited 1/18/13 8:30 am - Joliet, IL

Lisa-  I hope you have lots of fun with your friend.  And congrats on you daughter's engagement!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1068 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5593 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5338 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5366 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5401 views