Why cant I stop eatting PLEASE HELP

Janet H.
on 3/14/13 12:50 am - Golden Valley, AZ

I don't understand, I do well all day drinking only my protein drinks and as soon as I go to bed I  want to eat, every time I wake up I go to the kitchen and grab something to eat, I can't stop my self, I lay and try to talk my self out of it, but I always lose, it might be a banana, cereal, 1/2 peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or anything I can find, this happens every night, Do I need to maybe  see someone about this?

I am not hungry when I am doing this, as I don't get  hunger pain/.

Has anyone else have/had this problem, if so what did you do the stop.

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!

Success begins with wise choices I make,I will not let noncompliance be my mistake, The surgery I had was to assist me in changes. My compliance is for a success long range, So I will think before I decide to cheat. Remember the goals I want to meet. For this surgery is not something I was force to do It was what I wanted for a healthy life!       

birder I.
on 3/14/13 1:03 am - Rockford, IL

Maybe you aren't getting enough protein. Are you having over 60 grams? Do you eat meat or cheese at night? I'm guessing that your stomach is empty at bedtime and you might actually BE hungry. If you've been drinking at night your body may be craving sugar and the best thing for that is also protein. It takes so much longer to digest. Another tactic is to plan the evening so y ou have something DIFFERENT to distract yourself. Can you go to bed earlier or later? Read a book, watch tv or not, just a change up in your routine. Drink 16 oz of water. Or try living one moment at a time. Maybe planning a bedtime snack so you have a healthy choice might help.

Keep working on it,

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Janet H.
on 3/15/13 11:40 pm, edited 3/15/13 11:41 pm - Golden Valley, AZ

Connie,  I am only doing two protein drinks, 40 grams, I will give this a try, by adding a drink about 7 an see how this works, as for doing something, we do go to bed well not that the time changed at 8, hubby get up early, and I will watch TV until about 10, and for water, I still am not drinks it, Now last night we went to a Ice Hogs games, and did not get home until 11, and had drank too much pop, and I did not eat anything,

Thanks for the help, I will give them a try.

Success begins with wise choices I make,I will not let noncompliance be my mistake, The surgery I had was to assist me in changes. My compliance is for a success long range, So I will think before I decide to cheat. Remember the goals I want to meet. For this surgery is not something I was force to do It was what I wanted for a healthy life!       

randy777
on 3/14/13 7:06 am - Schaumburg, IL

Seeing someone about it may be an excellent idea if there is a real someone that understands all of the components that can make this behavior go on.

I tend to thinkeven with food and alcohol though addiction plays in that first behavior and reward plays in where we are able to attain the goal of getting something and stuffing it in our mouths.  This is extremely easy if your are sitting watching tv with a bourbon and coke.

I filled it in last night with 0 cal powders that you add to water, MW Kettle Corn and Hot Pork Skins.

I also had my leftover ham concoction and some PB Chocolate whey protein fudge.

Randy

So you have been forgiven?

Janet H.
on 3/15/13 11:54 pm - Golden Valley, AZ

Randy,

I too feel that when someone is over weight, and can not control their eating, it is just like someone is alcoholic, or even smokers, it is all and addiction, we have this surgery but it still does not cure the addiction.

thanks for the help,

randy777
on 3/14/13 8:02 am - Schaumburg, IL

I subbed in flax meal for peanut flour and 1/24th of this recipe is enough for me each time I want a snack.  Cut into eight pieces and then cut each piece into three pieces.  For a meal I have two of the little pieces and three Tbs of peanut Butter.

Randy

randy777
on 3/14/13 8:04 am - Schaumburg, IL

yourlighterside.co.  http://yourlighterside.com/2012/12/chewy-chocolate-fudge-peanut-butter-protein-barsl     Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bar.      Jamie VanEato     Hello there! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed or subscribe bm entering your email address in the sidebar for updatesw       “I’m always trying to think of quick easy breakfasts and well protein bars seem to be the answer sometimes..  I needed something I could keep in freezer and take out and eat quickly before work. So that is where thiu recipe came about.P      “Peanut butter and chocolate protein bars have always been my favorite so I tried to develop yet anothep recipe. I’m really liking this one! They are super chewy and great right out of the freezer. They really dn remind me of fudge. You could always add some chopped peanuts for texture, but I didn’t. Just be sure tn adjust your nutritional information. Hope you enjoy!P       Candice’s Low Carb Chewy Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Protein Bar.      Ingredientsk     1 2/3 cup(about 160g) chocolate protein powder[  1/4 cup peanut floup 2 Tablespoons dutch process coco  1/4 cup(2oz) unsalted buttep 1/2 cup natural peanut butter(no sugar, no saltZ     1/4 cup half & hal.  1/4 cup watep     toppingk 1/4 cup natural peanut butter(no sugar, no saltZ 1 Tablespoon(0.5oz) unsalted buttep 2 Tablespoons half & hal.  2 Tablespoons Splenda(or sweetener of your choiceZ     Instructionsk Line bottom of an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment. Set asidew In medium sized bowl add protein powder, peanut flour, and cocoa powder. Set asidew In small bowl add butter and peanut butter. Heat in microwave until melted, about 45 secondsw Stir until combinedw Stir in half & half and waterw Mix wet mixture into your dry ingredients. Stir until smoothw (Batter WILL be VERY sticky!Z  Pour into your prepared pan. Smooth evenly in pan with an offset spatulaw Set asidew     To make toppingk In a small bowl mix cream and splenda. Stir until splenda is dissolved. Set asidew In small bowl heat peanut butter and butter in microwave until meltedw Stir in cream/splenda mixture to your peanut butter/butter. Mix until smoothw Pour on top of protein bars and smooth evenlyw Place pan in freezer for at least 1 hour to setw Take out cut into 8 equal piecesw Store in air tight container or baggie in freezer until neededw     *My protein is already sweetened so I don’t add extra sweetener. If you don’t find sweet enough adv sweetener to your tastew     Nutritional information for 1 bark      Energy 306 kca}      Carbohydrate, Total 6.34 s  Sugars, total 1.77 s  Fiber, total dietary 2.46 s  Protein 23.65 s  Total lipid (fat) 21.29 s      Net carbs: 3.8 

Randy

crystal M.
on 3/14/13 7:59 pm - Joliet, IL

I think a lot of us have the same problem.  Funny thing is when I'm at work I am usually able to do well and control my urges.  It's when I'm home by myself when I have problems.  It think it's because I live by myself so if I eat at home by myself I can binge and no one needs to know about it.  I have no control when it comes to food.  I believe I am a food addict.  I think you can define addict as a person that repeats self destructive behavior even when they know it is going to hurt, or be detrimental to them or shorten or substantially decrease the quality their life in the long run.  That is exactly what I was doing when I ate my way up to over 360 lbs!!!

For me it is bad enough that I don't keep a lot of food in my house.  I just can't I will eat it.  Snack foods are a no, no.  Bread or crackers...forget about it.  If you look in my fridge you will see condiments, fruit, butter, crystal light, nuts and cheese.  My freezer holds meat and ice...that's it.  My cabinets have spices, canned corn, carrots, refried beans, soup, broth and bread crumbs, pasta. sauce, olive oil, cooking spray and of course sugar, flour and stuff like that.  This is all I have in my house.  So if I want to snack it fruit or nuts...that's it.  That is why I go to grocery store 3 times a weeks because I pick up some things as I need them.  Like tortillas for my mini pizza.  I can't keep them in the house anymore.  A few months ago I started to eat them too much, too often...and even as a snack!!!  I was heating them up and putting butter on them, like toast!!!  So what I have to do...and I know this is wasteful but I do what I have to do.  I buy a pack of tortillas when I need them for my mini pizza.  Make my mini pizza and throw the rest away.  Like a said I know it's wasteful...but I have to do what is best for me.  And I don't just throw them away...I actually walk them out to the dumpster!!!  But see I can do this stuff because i live by myself.  I don't know how well this would go over if I was living with someone!!! 

I do these things to help me with my urges.  Some people say well you should be able to be in a house with food and not eat it.  But would you tell a heroine addict to sit in a house with a cabinet full of drugs and say "now use your willpower!!!"...so I don't see why I should have to.  I just avoid situations in which I will be tempted and make my home a food friendly home for me. 

Maybe you can do some thing to make the food harder for you to access. 

randy777
on 3/14/13 10:01 pm - Schaumburg, IL

Maybe hot guy would like some tortillas or dentist deprived man might like to gum sum and end up being really nice if you feed him.

Randy

crystal M.
on 3/14/13 10:10 pm - Joliet, IL

Well the dental deprived guy works off site in Indiana...so I never see him...ever.  Only this time because he had a problem with his check.

Hot guy...well if I ever got up the nerve to ask him something like that. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1068 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5593 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5338 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5365 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5400 views