Sunday Roll Call

Lisa Tucker
on 5/4/13 9:23 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Good Morning on this 1st Sunday of May.

I just checked the forecast, it looks to be getting to the mid 70's today, and most of the week. It would be nice if it does.

I didn't get the rest of my flowers yesterday. In fact, I never left the house. I am going to run out to Wally world a little later.

The one thing I have learned in the last few weeks, is that my darling husband can't cook/ He can do ok for breakfast. Even lunch, but to actually cook something for dinner.......... I have been taking some pity on him and making some stuff for him. He did tell me hes ready for me to start cooking for him, and he will help me clean up after. That won't happen.  Anyway, today he wants to make a steak for himself. He can master that.

What are your plans for today?

BTW, Monica adapted a new furbaby yesterday from a no-kill shelter.  She is a 6 month old tortise hair. Monica said she is  very lovable, and her other 2  have accepted her already. She now has May, Pickles and Lily.

Have a great day,

Hugs.

Lisa

randy777
on 5/4/13 9:59 pm - Schaumburg, IL

So those of us most recently sliced and diced are the first ones posting this morning.

BBQ party last night was fun, lots of young people from FreeGeek, OpenGov Chicagoland and Knight Labs.  A lot of diversity from many areas.  More actually than I am capable of understanding.  I enjoyed the night anyway as one young woman grew up in Houston and another spent her summers with her grands there.  We all decided having Shipley's donuts, Blue Bell Ice Cream and Tex-mex food here would be a good problem for all of us to have.

Will decide later to stay home or go to free geek.  I think easy chairs might be best today.  At freegeek I could sit but would be on stool height chair wiping drives and testing ram.

Randy

So you have been forgiven?

crystal M.
on 5/4/13 11:41 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Please...I have already been to Walmart and walked to get the newspaper and went washed my car before the rush (yesterday there was a line).  Now I am sitting and relaxing before my workout and then I have plans to vacuume behind my furniture and shampoo my carpet.  I have to go pick up the shampooer at the Jewel.  That is it for my plans today.  I did everything yesterday.  I just kept going and going.  I even did my laundry yesterday and gave myself a pedicure...changed my toe color to tangerine!!!.  I just had a lot of energy...in fact I do today too.  I ended up giving myself a bit of a migraine...but it passed quickly. 

I even called Amanda to give her the details about next week's plan for Mother's Day.  We are surprising her grandma with a Skype visit.  Her grandmas birthday is around Mother's Day too and I thought it would be a nice gift to make sure the two of them connect for an hour.  Then me Amanda talked for a bit.  She was telling me about her Earth Science class and what they did for Earth Day...they created a small tree nursery right there on school grounds!!!  She isn't even sure if the tress will grow...but she really hopes they will.  Then she told me about a hiking trip she and Charles made up a mountain (about 15,000 feet up) I will have to post the pictures...they are just breathtaking....and she said they were breathtaking...LITERALLY...the air was sooo thin up there they had to stop every 15 minutes to catch their breath.  I don't think I would have been able to make that trip if they had to stop...because they are in gret shape!!!! 

So with most everything done yesrterday I have no idea what I am going to do with myself today.  I think I will be bored silly.  Funny back before I lost weight I would have gladly just sat around and watched TV all day...now that just seems awful.  I don't want to do that!!! 

Well have a wonderful day everyone...see ya later...bye

crystal M.
on 5/4/13 11:57 pm, edited 5/4/13 11:58 pm - Joliet, IL

Lisa-  I can relate to a man that is useless in the kitchen.  I have a friend though...her husband does all of the cooking because SHE can't cook....hmmm interesting.  For me though my ex, he could cook ok but the mess he made in the kitchen just wasn't worth it!!!!  I just don't like people in my kitchen for that reason.  I have it nice and clean and things just right.  So stay out...I will make dinner!!!  Hahaha!!!! 

By the way I love, love, love the name Pickles for a pet...I just might steal that one day!!!

Phatchick
on 5/5/13 7:54 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Happy Sunday,

I have been incommunicado...I've been so busy i havent been on the computer.

Thursday was grandbaby day and Friday I cant even recall what kept me so busy......

Yesterday i spent the entire day on my hands and knees trying to remove carpet glue from a room in the administrative building of our new church.

Today was our first service and it was grand. So nice to finally have a permanent church building.

We drove to get hotdogs for lunch and now i am finally chilling. The weather is so gorgeous.

It's good to see everyone. 

Spring is finally here all week long. I am enjoying the sunshine. Now I need to go and get into the dirt and get some more of those weeds cleaned up.

Blessings my dear ones,

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5600 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5343 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5370 views