Wednesday Roll Call

Nancy G.
on 7/9/13 10:36 pm - La Salle, IL

Good Morning Friends!

Happy Hump Day Everyone!  We are halfway through our week!  Now we can start looking forward to the weekend!.  Today it doesn/t look like there is rain in the forecast but it is still steamy outside so take care everyone and stay hydrated. 

I am starting off my day running late.  I cant quite figure that one out.  I was a half hour ahead of myself this morning and somehow I ended up late for work by 15 minutes.  Go figure.    But that seems to be my life.  I went to bed last night with Gizmo sleeping in his bed by my head and woke up this morning with Smokey in that spot.  Sometime in the night my cats changed!    I think they are ganging up on me!  I am outnumbered after all.  Heavens forbid if there was ever a mutany. 

What is everyone up to today?   

Crystal, is Chris feeling any better?

Lisa, congratulations on the excellent doctor report.  You are making wonderful progress in your revision.

Dawn, you sound so busy. 

Connie, good luck in your endeavor to become more active.  If you do manage to walk and knit you need to get a video of that.   

Sharon, I hope you had a happy anniversary.  How did you celebrate? 

Randy, how are all your classes coming?  I know you never stop learning but are you at a point where you feel you have gained enough knowledge to use your skills in a job?

Everyone have a great day! 

Cat Lady

LisaTucker
on 7/9/13 10:41 pm - IL

Good Morning,

It is dark and gloomy here this morning, the rain she is a raining, again. I didn't leave the house yesterday, I went and tried to drink my coffee outside, but the humidity was so bad I couldn't breathe. Today it, the humidity is already near 90.

We both have eye dr. appointments this afternoon. Then out to dinner with friends.

Connie, I would love to join in with your support group, but it is a bit far to be driving home when it is dark.

Dawn, I didn't realize that you were deaf in your right ear also. Mine is a birth defect, I have nothing but the outer ear.

Crystal, I hope Chris is over his bout with MS. Your chicken should of done it. Have you decided what day our get together will be?

Sharon, I am looking forward to meeting you at our get together.

Maybe we can get Janet H and Kim to come join us. Bettany too.

Randy, how are you taking this heat?

Nancy, I hope you didn't get wet going to work this morning.

Hugs,

Lisa

berts4
on 7/10/13 12:55 am, edited 7/10/13 12:56 am - Rock City, IL

Good morning Nancy and the rest of Illinois!

I am working and then home.  If it is not too beastly out, I will try to paint.  I did not do it last night as the humidity was way too high and I'm pretty sure the paint would not dry.

I don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but I have had a FitBit Zip on my bra for a few months now.  I found out yesterday that I can sync it with my Walgreen's Rewards card and earn 20 points for every mile I walk.  This morning, I got an email telling me I earned 60 points for doing 3 miles yesterday.  WOW!  I was not even trying!  Just my usual day and a short walk at lunch since it was threatening rain.  I will try to get a longer walk in today.  Gotta start somewhere!  On July 4th, when we went to Summerfest, I walked over 7 miles and over 15,000 steps!  It is a pretty cool little gadget, although the "Zip" does not record sleep patterns and I would be interested in that.

Crystal, I will try your chicken soon and I hope Chris is better.  I am looking forward to the get together.  I wonder if Todd will come?  It IS at a brewery after all, he might actually join me.  I can also see if Janet and Kim (or anyone else from the area) want to car pool.

Lisa---yes, I lost my hearing when pregnant with Olivia.  Doctors are not sure why but suspect that surging hormones did something to kill all the cillia in my right ear.  Nothing to really be done about it.

Randy--I respect you ability to do any type of programming.  When I was younger, I wanted to learn to design video games.  Then I took my first class in COBOL.  Failed miserably.  This was back in the days of the punch cards..........

Nancy---I hate being late, but find it happening more often in this heat.  I just don't sleep well then hate to get moving and want to wait through "one more snooze".   Once I get up, I am fine, it's just the not wanting to get up part.

Connie---keep me up to date about support group and I can try and get a hold of Janet and Kim (if they don't pop in here).

Sharon---where are you?  Still celebrating?

I'd better get back to it.

Everyone have a lovely day, stay hydrated and cool.

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

birder I.
on 7/10/13 6:48 am - Rockford, IL

Good afternoon,

Well this has been an anxious day. I realized at bedtime last night that I had a new opening. (5 now). This one isn't along the incision, it is to the right and it was where a drain went in and has been closed since Jan 2012. Now it's open and draining and seems to be over the area where the hernia is. This makes me worry a lot. I sent an email to Dr. Garren and he responded at 8am and by 10 Dawn (at UW) had an emergency MRI set up for Friday afternoon and I was assured Dr. Garren would read it on Friday and let me know what it shows. We are supposed to leave Monday for Ireland and Scotland. I don't want to be there with a medical problem. I was first told by a nurse that it takes 5 days to set up permission for an MRI but Dawn knew how to cut red tape. I am SO grateful to the staff there!!! Amazing!!!

I hope we can go to Europe, but if we can't, that will be OK too. We always have trip insurance so we won't lose money on the deal. It will be sad not to see friends but there will be another time if we can't go. From the time I found the opening last night till I got the news about the test, I was so incredibly anxious. Not that it's all gone away, but I can at least think more clearly.

So that's been Wednesday. Breakfast and knitting and lots of worry.

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Phatchick
on 7/10/13 7:42 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Prayers for a good prognosis..............I am glad this flare-up (or whatever it is) didnt happen when you guys were in a foreign country........

Hopefully this will be a positive outcome so you and Kay can fly across the pond.

Hugs,

Sharon

Phatchick
on 7/10/13 7:53 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Dear Ones,

I had a busy day. I was up and out early. After swim, I was busy just running errands. I got a mani-pedi. It is such a pleasure to look down and see short, manicured little piggys.

I have some job interviews coming up. I know there is a Supreme plan. I just need to see what it is.

We celebrated our anniversary w/friends. It was lovely.

I am really looking forward to finally meeting all of you. Has a date and time been hammered out?

Crystal, I am sorry Chris was sick. The love of my life (my husband) has diabetes. My friends and family were so against me marrying him due to this. Ha! He could have had anything and nothing would have stopped me. My dear friend has a hubby,she married 30 years ago with MS. He is the sweetest, dreamiest man I have ever know.

I saw  pic on FB with Randy and Cheryl....so cute.

Gotta run. I have to make eggs for the tuna salad I should have had chilling in the fridge an hour ago.

Blessings, hugs and all that good stuff.

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1070 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5597 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5341 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5368 views
Thursday Roll Call