Monday Roll Call

Lisa Tucker
on 3/3/14 12:26 am - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

It is a Monday! I needed to stop for labs before work this morning. I went to my G.P, and she found out they couldn't do 2 of the tests, so off to the hospital I go. Anyway, 1 and 1/2 hours late this morning. Plus, I have to leave early to go to Bloomington.

Otherwise, everything is normal? What is on your plate for today?

Hugs, 

Lisa

Phatchick
on 3/3/14 12:53 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hello Dear Ones,

I have been so busy during the week working long days.  I then have also been running on the weekends.

I went to a concert Friday night and then had a funeral on Saturday.

We went out for dinner Saturday night to my new fave restaurant. It is called Bonefish and the one we went to is in Orland. The salmon was awesome.

Yesterday it was church, and home. I was so sleepy I slept on and off all day.

I do turbo tax for our taxes as well. I also am thinking of doing a mini kitchen do-over. Kim, what are you guys doing? I just want some new counter-tops, a new sink and faucet. I am also looking to do  re-do in the garden this year, I still haven't decided exactly what we will do. I am thinking of a pool. Always wanted one, but they seem like ALOT of work. Am I correct?

Well, dear ones, I am back to work.

Only 17 more days until spring!

Hugs,

Sharon

ChristineB
on 3/3/14 6:36 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Got me a new PC at work today. Oh, the simple things that bring joy.  It is the first new 'puter I have had there in 34 years. Most others have been hand me downs from other offices. My office has had new PCs at other work stations for the technology that we need to utilize like pulling squad cam videos and copying the DVDs but I have never had a new one all to myself. Speaking of PCs - I got the blue screen of death on my Lenovo this morning. Thankfully #1, our IT guy will work on it in his off time & #2 I have my travel PC to hook up. I guess #3 is that I lately have been using my 7" or 10" tablets in the house most of the time as we have WIFI in the house.

Been doing a lot of reading with books on my tablets from the library. My goal is to not buy another "physical" book again or take one from a free lending shelf. I never thought I would ever say that about 6 months ago.I have bought one book I could not find as a free book and I am sure there will be others. I have tried listening to books but I find myself wanting to "review" what I had recently heard. Frustrating.  I have found that some of the classic books that I want to reread can be found as a freebie. It just takes patience to find them. The nice thing about the freebies and purchasing of books for your device is that you do not have to return them; they are yours to keep.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Karen R.
on 3/3/14 8:50 am, edited 3/3/14 8:51 am

received an email this morning at 1:30 that March 2 was my surgiversary ( Lap Band )! I can not believe it's been 7 years. I still have some weight to lose, or should I say re-lose! I have had so much go on in my life the last 4 years that, I almost gave up. I have decided that I need to get myself back on track and do it for me! I have been doing really good at measuring everything for the last few weeks. I do see how my serving sizes have slowly gotten bigger. So I keep the food scale, measuring spoons & cups, and small plate out on the counter. I do not just grab and eat. Well I have to go get ready to relax for a bit before bed time!

Night All,

~Karen

Nancy G.
on 3/3/14 10:37 am - La Salle, IL

Good Evening Everyone

The calendar may say spring but it still is WINTER in my book!  BRRRR!  Will this EVER end.?  I am so sick of winter.  I am sure Ii am not alone in that department.  

Hope everyone is doing ok.  Has anyone heard how Dawn is doing?  

I have been busy at work.  The days just fly by!  I had the utmost in stupidity last week.  A woman was questioning the item she ordered and said hold on let me get the box.  She comes back to the phone and I am waiting for her to read the item number off the box and she says "Tell me what it says on the box!  I said "I'm sorry, I cant do that."  She asks why not and was upset when I told her I could not see the box through the phone.    She really thought I would be able to see what the box said!  I had a whole day of people like that!  Groan  

The weekend was nice and relaxing.  I needed that.  

I haven't even thought about my taxes yet.  I used to do my own then went to an accountant and then went back to doing them myself.  I have used tax act.  Pretty simple.  And a lot cheaper.  Time involved is about the amount of time that I took to prepare to take my info to the accountant.  So nice money saver.  

So life is the same as usual, nothing exciting.  

Stay warm!  

Cat Lady

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5600 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5343 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5370 views