Wednesday Roll Call

berts4
on 8/12/14 7:49 pm - Rock City, IL

Good morning Illinois!

I am up and waiting for Todd and Liv to finish getting ready for our trip.  Liv moves in tomorrow, but we are staying in the area until Sunday for vacation.

When I get back, my life will be different.  It has come to my attention that Todd and I have NEVER been "just a couple".  We always had a child (Amber).  It will be uncharted territory.  I have lots of support from my friends and sponsor.  It will be an interesting ride, that is for sure!

At this point, all I can do is trust that we have given Liv all the tools that she will need for success.

Crystal....how exciting that Amamda will be home soon!  She will have so many stories to tell.  You get yours back as mine leaves.  How apt.

Well.....time to get the last minute stuff done and head out!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

LisaTucker
on 8/13/14 12:23 am - IL

Good Morning Dawn and Everyone,

I just realized that I go back to work on Aug. 28. That is in 15 days! I did not get everything I wanted to do this summer done. Oh, well, it will get done, eventually.

Today, I am going to finish up some projects I have started on. You know, the ones that are almost, but not quit done. Then, I think it is out to dinner with a few friends. Other then that, it will be a normal day.

Good luck to Liv as she starts on her new journey. Dawn, I don't think I ever felt the empty nest. Stay busy, as you always are, and she will be home for holidays so quickly, you won't even realize she is gone.

Sharon, are you OK?

Nancy, where are you?

Jessica, have fun with your boys, they grow up so fast.

Christine, how early did you go to work today?

Hugs,

Lisa

ChristineB
on 8/13/14 1:28 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

I start work each day at 0630-1500 hours.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

crystal M.
on 8/13/14 1:20 am - Joliet, IL

Hello Everyone

Plans for Amanda's return are in full swing.  We are really getting things going now.  It's starting to feel real now.  I am getting excited!!!  If you notice I haven't mentioned this on Facebook....for some reason Amanda doesn't want this mentioned until the last minute.  It's driving me crazy because I want to talk about it!!!

Well today I am going to play tennis after work.  That's about it.  That usually takes up most of my evening then I have to take a shower and eat.  Done....

Dawn-  It does take some getting used to being without our kids.  Empty nest syndrome was a little different for me because I live by myself.  So I had no husband to try to reconnect with.  I am sure it will be fine.  You just have to find fun things to do with each other.  Try things you never did before.  Like I did with the camping and the sky diving. 

Well I must get going see you all later.  Bye

birder I.
on 8/13/14 10:46 am - Rockford, IL

Hi all,

I posted this am but no post exists...? Today was our group knitting--always a fun day. Several women were there for the first time so that was exciting and fun! I also had a chance to go to the Farmers market and get some Mirai corn ( the best) and some fresh greens and arugula. I also Bought fresh okra which we roasted in the oven with garlic and olive oil--fabulous!

Hope you all had a good day!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

jessica1371
on 8/13/14 11:19 am - Elgin, IL
VSG on 08/29/14

WELL I GOT THE CALL!!!  The Kane Center call and scheduled my surgery for August 29th .. (just waiting confirmation from St. Alexis that surgery room is available should hear by Friday).... Holy Crap!!! Things just got very real... not that it wasn't before.. but to have the date... it makes me so nervous and excited!!!  I just feel like a ton of brick hit me... I look around and see all kinds of things I wanted to accomplish before surgery... cleaning out my closet, reorganizing the kitchen cabinets, cleaning the filing cabinet... just things to make it nice and all organized.  Plus I have to pick up the Bariatric Advantage on Friday and start my 15 day liquid pre-op... Woo hoo... LOL

Anyways take care... we are off to Brookfield Zoo tomorrow, the last hurrah before the boys start school on Monday. Ones will be a Senior and the other a Freshie!! Awww!! Plus it's mine and my hubby Mike's 15th wedding anniversary tomorrow! 

Take care everyone!! Got to go shopping for things for tomorrow. 

Jessica

STATS: 5'7" HW: 424 (Jan 2014)   SW: 391 (Aug 2014)  CW: 323 (Jan 2015)

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1067 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5593 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5338 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5365 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5400 views