Tuesday Roll Call

Nancy G.
on 9/15/14 11:01 pm - La Salle, IL

Good Morning Everyone!

Surprise!  I am actually starting a roll call!  I am home today.  Long story short I took my evening meds yesterday morning and then took my am meds last night.  BUT I forgot to remove my ADD med.  Therefore, I essentially had speed at bedtime.  Not a good idea!  Guess who was wide awake all night long???    I wondered why I was having such a hard time concentrating at work yesterday.  Now I know why.  I did not realize just how much the medicine helps me focus and not go off in 15 different directions. But at night, my mind just kept going and going and going!  I did not fall asleep at all last night so I did not think it was a good idea to try to work today.

Work has been a living hell these last few weeks.  All the changes going on has kept us hopping and our customers are not happy.  We are getting earfuls with most of the calls and some of them are down right angry.  Yesterday I had to listen to a very angry customer who was upset because FED EX did not deliver her order.  That is not our fault.  She need to gripe at FED EX not us.  But of course it was our fault because we shipped it FED EX.  Her tirade lasted 45 minutes and nothing would calm her down or make her happy.    Last week I ended up in tears over our sales reps going ballistic over our processes.  I dont make the rules and I am sorry that they have to live by them but I cant change them and they do not need to take it out on me.  So without sleep I did not think I had a spine of steel to face all of that today.  

So I hope to get a nap in today without totally messing up my sleep schedule tonight.  

I did have a nice weekend and am loving the cooler weather.  I dont want the cold, but it could stay like this year round and I would love it.

Lisa, it sounds like your recovery is going great!  I can remember wanting to have that first bm or even to fart to get rid of the gas!    Take it slowly.  Dont be like all of us and try to overdo it or it will knock you on your tush and leave you wondering what the heck happened!    Walks are fine but leave everything else to hubby and take advantage of this situation.  It wont last!  Unless your hubby is as nice as my sweetie.  Pain is normal, it is  a sign of healing.  I was surprised at how tender I was.  I  thought with it being laproscopic it would not hurt as much. Boy was I mistaken! It doesnt last more than a couple of weeks so just take it easy. 

Lisa Tucker, I am so glad you get to enjoy your kids and grand daughter.  That is so great.  You are blessed to have 2 great daughters and sons in laws that you have such good relationships with.  Not all families enjoy that benefit.  I hope you did not get too swamped at work with your coworker missing.

Connie and Kay, welcome home.  I hope you enjoyed your trip. Its time to do laundry, get some rest and return back to the store and catch up on whats been happening while you were gone. I am sure you left all in good hands.

Carla, I hope you wont be in the hospital too long. Boy, I sure dont like colonoscopies, but usually it is the prep part I hate!  You sure managed to do it up royally!  Get better quickly so you can come get your Vinnie fix! 

Crystal, I surely hope  things are continuing to go better with your boss.  Your company sounds like a great place to work.  If only you had a different boss!  Maybe leopards CAN change their spots when under the gun!  I sure hope so!   I am so glad you are in a good relationship with Greg.  You sound so happy.  It sounds like you are really content.  Your comment about not having jealousy issues  makes me think you may have found the right person. I sure hope so. I was so sorry to hear about Amanda's kitty.  That is so sad that it lasted until she almost returned.  It sounds like they are getting settled in.  Any news on the job front yet for her? I imagine it is a much nicer feeling to have her back in the country. 

Christine, I hope you are liking your new boss.  I saw your post on the retirement of your old boss.  My fingers are crossed that your new situation is a good one.  

Jason, it is hard to believe that you are prepping for another surgery!  It is so soon after the last one!  Does your doctor know you just had your hip replaced?  You have a lot of courage to do another one so soon!  I am cheering you on!  Good luck on you Chiari walk!  That too is a HUGE undertaking!

Karen, it is always good hearing from you.  You are sounding so much better after your surgery!

Kim,  I know you are busy with work, but if you are checking in,  Hello!  

Dawn, how is Liv liking college?  This is such a big adventure for her?  I think about her and how exciting this is for her!  You have had some exciting trips with Amber recently.  Some of your outings look like fun!  Wish I could go along!  How are things going for you?  I love your facebook postings!

Jessica, how are you doing since surgery?  I hope ok. Let us know.  

Everyone have a good day!

I am finished with my book now.  

Cat Lady

snoopygirl1968
on 9/16/14 12:36 am - Lisle, IL
VSG on 09/09/14 with

Wowzers, you sound wired!  I'm sorry about your work situation, that really sucks.  My hubby has a horrible HR person and she makes his life a living hell.  And there is really nowhere for him to complain too.  I wish you well.  I was up for a bit last night.  I got up around 4:30 to go to the bathroom and then I had a hard time falling back asleep.  I finally did though, and just woke up at 9:00.  I realized this morning that I don't think I'm walking enough.  I need to go for more walks during the day.  

I hope everyone has a great day!!

follow my journey:  http://snoopygirljourney.blogspot.com

Karen R.
on 9/16/14 12:55 am

Morning Nancy, I too did not sleep last night. I had a cup of coffee at 6 last night, why I thought this was a good idea I do not know! My fitbit said I did a whole 39 minutes of sleep. I was restless 336 minutes. The night before I ended up with 2 hours 50 minutes and 344 minutes restless! This seems to be a pattern for me. I have had the fitbit for a little over a week and my sleep pattern is really bad. I now know why I am tired all the time. I may need a sleep aid to help me rest! Thanks Nancy I am doing awesome with my 2 titanium hips! I am hoping to not have to have the knees replaced, because I scare the heck out of my surgeon, I have some funky heartbeats and they think they are losing me! Well I am going to try to stay awake till bedtime tonight and see if I sleep better. Today I only have 1 job to do and that's the bus, tomorrow I have both jobs. Meals on Wheels and the bus! Well have a great day Nancy and gets some rest!

Karen  

crystal M.
on 9/16/14 2:16 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Yes I know what it feels like to be put under a microscope.  To have my every move under examination..."why are you doing that"...just last Friday I was put under fire again.  A transaction I did was put under scrutiny and I was able to defend what I did and came out smelling like roses (thank god too...she copied everyone and their mother in the email!!!).  But eventually there will be a time where I don't.  Nobody is perfect and at some point she will find a screw up.  And lord help me when she does and she has her little minion helping her.  But I no longer dread it like I did.  If it happens...it happens.  I see her as a very unhappy person that seems to want me unhappy too. 

I just love it when people misdirect their anger at you.  What the heck you don't control company policy...if you did you would be making a lot more money!!!!

You know who I miss seeing on here...Sharon.  It sure would be nice to see her on here again. 

I have no big plans tonight after work. 

Well...back to work...have a great day all.

Watson
on 9/16/14 4:48 am
VSG on 06/08/10 with

Hi and top of the day Nancy,

Indeed it's hard to believe that I'm getting ready for another surgery. To me it is somewhat so soon after my last surgery. My doctor knows that I had my right hip replaced, he's the one that going to do my right knee, he wanted to it a bit earlier than Sept. 22nd and I pushed for the Sept. 22nd and got it, wanted to get it in and recover from the surgery before all this cold weather get here. :-) ...thank you Nancy for the cheering. Thank you for the good luck for my walk this coming Saturday. Indeed it is a HUGE undertaking.

I'm been so busy lately, I just hope my head doesn't fall off my body between now and by the time my surgery get here, which this surgery will make number three this year. I can't wait to get this year over and done with and next year too.

Got to get going now.

Have a great day everyone.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

snoopygirl1968
on 9/16/14 8:06 am - Lisle, IL
VSG on 09/09/14 with

Karen, Just curious, have you been tested for sleep apnea?  

Jason, I am cheering for you!!!  

I did 2 walks today and I used the MayMyWalk ap.  The first was 0.2 miles and the second was 0.24 miles.  So 1/2 mile total for the day so far.  Not too bad for being only 1 week out of surgery, eh?

follow my journey:  http://snoopygirljourney.blogspot.com

Watson
on 9/16/14 1:38 pm
VSG on 06/08/10 with

Thank you.

Glad you're doing great. I'm cheering you on your recovery from surgery.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1061 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5588 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5332 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5360 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5393 views