support groups around Chicago

cher22
on 12/8/14 6:47 am - Oak Park, IL

Hello IL Peeps !

I had RNY in 2005 and will be having a revision sometime in the next few months 

I am looking for support groups around Chicago west sub area and help would be appreciated 

Love to all 

ChristineB
on 12/10/14 1:35 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Who is your doctor? Many doctors and/or hospitals will have support groups. For instance my doctor - Rosen and Mikhale from Lifeweigh Bariatrics in Downers Grove has a support group for their patients only.

Check into the Kane Center at either Alexian Brothers Medical Center (Elk Grove Village) or their sister hospital St Alexsis in Hoffman Estates. I think that Silver Cross Hospital has a support group and I am sure there are others. Elmhurst Memorial in Elmhurst is just starting a bariatric program.

Good luck to you. Keep us informed as to what is happening with you.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

cher22
on 12/10/14 3:04 am - Oak Park, IL

Thank you for your reply and support ! My doctor is Dr Fred Tiesenga They have support group next week But I was just looking for more to attend other times of the month . 

Thank you so very much for the above information I will def look into Elmhurst it is the closest one to me 

Peaceful day to you 

Cheryl 

ChristineB
on 12/10/14 3:18 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Elmhurst is just starting up their program and have not done any surgery yet. My DH and I are good friends with the head of patient and food services.

Some support groups that are open to the public MAY have a small service fee to attend.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

cher22
on 12/10/14 4:36 am - Oak Park, IL

Ah Ha thank you ! I appreciate you !

ChristineB
on 12/10/14 7:19 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Come and join us in the daily roll call! We love to meet new people.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1061 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5588 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5332 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5360 views