Friday Roll Call

Phatchick
on 3/26/15 11:45 pm, edited 3/27/15 12:11 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Peeps,

Happy Weekend Eve!

Carla, be glad you escaped to FL, it is another blustery cold day here in IL. We woke to a blowing snow storm, but it has slowed down a bit so I am going to go to the gym. Hopefully by the time you return it will really feel like spring....or summer.

Lisa, I am so sorry about the lay off.......but I must say, I would be delighted to work winters and be off summers. Its like being a school teacher. But again I know it isnt easy knowing whether you will have a job come fall again. I think you will.

Speaking of jobs; someone in their late 50's told me the other day after they got laid off from their 85K a year job, the job they found 2 years later pays 28K. They are just happy to be working. I have heard of this scenario more than once.  I do see many minimum wage positions available but no full-time ones. I guess mid management professionals have a new normal. 

Dawn, how is your new job coming along?

Jason, I know its painful to work out initially, but the pain is different from the pain of disease and not moving. Proud of you for getting out there.

Crystal, glad you have bum warmers in this weather.

Happy Birthday Connie! Hugs and besitos.

Hugs to all my IL Snow Bunnies today........and My FL one too.

Be safe and rejoice in this day the Lord has made.

Sharon

crystal M.
on 3/27/15 12:53 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am not happy about this weather....of course I now have the car for it. 

I am happy it's Friday!!!  Woohoo!!!

We have been looking at houses the last few days and again today after work.  I find it exciting.  Looking at these houses and trying to picture myself living there.  Oh it will be nice to be in a house instead of an apartment.  I will have a garden!!!

28K....if I was living on my own that would not be enough for me to live on.  Pay rent, bills, food, etc.    With the current bills I have now.  I have to remember I have a NEW car payment now!!!  Ugh...no more cheap living.

Well here's to wishing for Summer....have a good day all.

LisaTucker
on 3/27/15 1:41 am - IL

TGIF,

Sharon, I always get laid off in the spring. But that is usually May 30th. This is 4checks and milage checks early.

Heading out shopping, then comeing home and doing something. Not sure what yet. Hubert is still not feeling good, at least he is off work today.

My daughter Monica called earlier, she wants to do a Passover seder at her house next Saturday evening. I told her we will be there, The only thing she wants me to do is chopped liver. N.P. I will also do a flourless chocolate cake.

Crystal, whoever gave you the idea that there is cheap living? There are always new things that pop up.

We didn't get any of the snow you got up your way, the sun has been out since early this morning.

Have a great day,

Hugs,

Lisa

Watson
on 3/27/15 6:45 am
VSG on 06/08/10 with

T.G.I.F.! I went back to the gym today, 2 days in the last 3 days. Did a light workout since I'm still sore in my upper arms and my triceps too are sore, so my main workout for today is the NuStep for 40 minutes.

Sharon: I know, no pain, no gain right? The first workout is worth the pain, you got that right about a different from pain of disease and not moving. Thank you.

Have a great night everyone.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1068 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5594 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5340 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5368 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5404 views