Wednesday Roll Call

Phatchick
on 4/7/15 9:44 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Peeps,

Happy Wednesday. I am the ant exterminator today. Every year at this time baby ants appear around my sink area, so i am determined to get rid of them permanently for the season. I know what to do. They hate essential oils, so i need to start placing the oils all over to repel them. Yesterday, I saw a mosquito the size of my car. Ugh.

This morning I am having a late breakfast with a friend who is in town from Denver. Then I am going to tackle some chores. Work yesterday was good. For the last few months, my boss has been teaching me how to do the displays for the catered banquets we do for the big wigs on Tuesdays. Yesterday he let me do the entire set up and presentation by myself. I really enjoy banquet serving. I actually really enjoy all aspects of the restaurant.

Crystal, we bought our house when it was a sellers market. It was very stressful. God has a house for you. It's out there waiting for you. What area are you interested in?

Christine, I am so sorry about the vein thing. Hope you arent too uncomfortable today.

Lisa, how was your visit yesterday. It is foggy again today.........par for spring in IL.

Hello to the rest of my Peeps.

Have a great day today everybody.

Hugs,

Sharon

LisaTucker
on 4/7/15 10:02 pm - IL

Good Morning,

No fog down here this morning. Yesterday, I ran out of it at Ottawa, Then it was abit foggy on the way home from Yorkville

yesterday was great, I drove to Lake in the Hills, and found her house with no problem. The area is only 3 years old, so gps coundl not fine it. We then drove up tp Woodstock to her daughters house, and ate in the square at the Old Public House. I left there at 5, then stopped nd had a bite with Annette in Yorkville.

I am off this morning to get a Mammo, and blood test. No coffee until after the blood tests. Not my idea of fun. I don't mine the tests, its no coffee that kills me.

No bling either. :(

Then home to do a few things.

Hugs,

Lisa

ChristineB
on 4/8/15 12:41 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Not doing too bad. I am a little sore in the areas where the doc stuck me so many times to get the laser into the vein. The compression wrap is annoying and it was not fun to tape plastic bags on the full length of my leg to shower this morning. I will be so happy when 5pm rolls around on Friday so I can take it off.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

crystal M.
on 4/8/15 2:11 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am so happy.  My attitude yesterday about the right house coming along was correct.  The one we saw is wonderful.  And the sellers love us because we are renters and can get into the house ASAP without any concern of selling an old house.  The house is already empty and the people want to people in fast.

I slept very well yesterday. 

Of course we came home and Greg was doing our budget to see where we were after the vacation spending.  And I saw a charge at Home Depot and said "when did you go to home depot?" and long story short someone some how got my debit card info and charged $218 at Home Depot in Elk Grove Village on Monday.  Which shocked me because I still have my card.  But from what I understand someone can have a scanner or card reader and just read the card from inside your purse...then go home and embosse their own card with YOUR info...and viola they have a card with full access to your account.  So I found out they have these wallets you can buy that block the thieves scanners.  Just Google anti theft wallets.  I am buying one on Amazon tonight.  I don't want to have to go through the hassle of a new card all of the time.  BUT...you still have to watch out for people you hand your card to, like waiters.  They can scan your card, also. 

Well time to get back to work...have a good day.

berts4
on 4/8/15 2:48 pm - Rock City, IL

Very good late evening to you all!  In a half an hour, I could do tomorrow's call.

I started at Meijer on Monday and WOW.  I helped open a new store (anyone remember Venture?) a loooonnnggg time ago, but at that time, we mostly trained on cashiering and just saw others "build" the store.  We have six weeks to build all shelves, carts, etc. then fill it up!  I spent 9 hours Monday on my feet doing pretty intense physical labor putting "carts" (for moving merchandise and such around---not shopping carts, although that may come up....) and moving shelved carts like used in bakery, etc.......  In addition to being on my flat feet all day, this involved lots of lifting and bending.  By the time I got home after 9 pm, i was hurting all over.  Especially my right foot, which is not only flat, but what little arch I had fell years ago.  I had to rub anti-inflamatory gel into them , take Tylenol and I even took some Aleve.

Tuesday was more building of carts and sorting and distributing incoming stuff.  Today, we actually helped put up shelving and pricing.  Of course, we were told how to do it one way, did it, then someone came along and said it was incorrect so we had to tear it down and do it again.  The whole day was like that.....too many chiefs and not enough Indians.  One thought was articulated today, which is: The people that design these things are amazing!  Each thing must have its place, so the designer must know the size of each item, how much it weighs, etc.....infinite number of things to consider goes into how the store is laid out.  Today went by quicker though and I am not nearly as sore.  Just the foot. 

Tomorrow, much of the store is supposed to be finished so that products that are going to begin arriving can be stocked.

Eventually, my position will be in the Garden Department and I will still be very active, watering, pruning and arranging things to be attractive. 

This is WAY out of my usual, but I am going with the flow, praying when judgemental thoughts of others arise, and taking it all in for the learning experience that it is.  We will see if Meijer is as great a company to work for as some have said.  They have a lot of odd rules and ways of doing things, of course to their advantage.  But again, I am going with it.  I can certainly continue to look for office work if I wish.  I feel that this is where I am supposed to be at this moment.

I am excited for Crystal and her new house and life.  Hoping that Nancy gets the job.  Thinking that Sharon had an experience with a real nut and should continue to enjoy the food job...perhaps it will work into more hours.  Lisa is semi-retired and Connie and Kay are out of retirement!  Carla is home safe in Florida.  I probably missed someone, if so, I apologize.  Getting a bit tired.

So.....everyone have a great day and keep smiling!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Phatchick
on 4/10/15 12:19 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Dawn!

You are a rock star.

My dream is to work in the garden department someday. Dreamin'.......

I ache all over when I get home from my very physical job too. The top of my feel hurt so bad (high arches). I grab a glop of solid coconut oil and add a couple drops of frankincense and rub on the tops of my feet and the pain disappears so I can fall asleep. i now rub it everywhere so i can move the next day. This is our new normal. God is good. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1061 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5588 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5332 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5360 views
Thursday Roll Call