Monday Roll Call

Nancy G.
on 7/5/15 8:35 pm - La Salle, IL

I am getting a jump on Monday since it is so late at night.  Long time no be here!  I do pop in to read every day but just loose time to post.  I have to get better organized!  

I had a good 3 day weekend.  A combination of relaxing and catching up on things around the house that had been on my to do list.  So I can go back to work without these things nagging me.  

I have 2 weeks of work left.  Time sure has flown.  I have to say I am ready for it to end.  There have been lots of changes and a lot of them I do not like.  It seems that the new company does not care as much for customer satisfaction as our old company did.  They just don't care to make things happen or make changes to things that are not working.  It is sad to see customers go from excellent customer service to so so service and they are not happy about that.  That and another prospective merger hanging over everyone's heads makes for a very unhappy client list.  Sigh.

I hope I am not making a mistake going with the work at home company but if I dont like it I can always look for another position. 

The cats are doing their cat things.  They still keep us entertained.  Nibbles is a party animal and at 10:30 to 11:00 at night he is rounding up everyone to play!  Gizmo is becoming a great escape artist.  The thought hit me the other day that we do not know if he can find his way home.  Everytime he escapes, someone finds him, calls us and we go get him and he gets a ride home!  Smart cat!  He has made friends with the kids up the block and keeps heading there! 

Crystal, it is exciting to read about your wedding preps.  I cant wait to see a picture of your dress.  Your big day will be here soon! 

It sounds like everyone is having a pretty good summer.  

Chris, I hope you are taking good care of Dave.  He sure has given you a run for your money these last few months!  Hope he is feeling better! 

Sharon, I know you are enjoying time with your grandbabies!  

Dawn, I am sure you are enjoying Liz being home for the summer. 

Lisa, it sounds like you have gotten lots of family time this summer with the kids and Morgan.  That is always fun.  

Everyone have a great week!

Cat Lady

LisaTucker
on 7/6/15 4:55 am - IL

Good Morning.

Nancy, it is always great to hear from you. You should write a book about your fur babies experiences.Anyone who loves cat would appreciate it. That would include me.

We got our first tomatoes on Saturday. They were the grape kind, but they tasted like summer. The regular ones are starting to turn red. The cukes are coming along, as well as the green and red peppers.

When I was at the $ tree the other day, and $ General, I noticed that they are already putting out the new school needs. It does seem that after the 4th, summer  does seem to go fast.

Have a great day,

Hugs,

Lisa

Phatchick
on 7/6/15 6:15 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Nancy, Lisa and Friends,

So good to hear from you Nancy. I am hoping working from home for u will make this transition and new company worthwhile for u.

Lisa, glad the fire got contained. Fires can change from tiny to huge and out of control quickly. Thank goodness everything is ok.

Since it's over, I can admit I hate the fireworks and how the 4th has become "blow up everything day". The explosions get louder every year and my poor animals are terrified every time the house seems to shake. 

My job perplexes me. The owner says he cannot make money there anymore and now has fired most of the staff including all the cooks. He is cooking and it's not too good. He hired his cousin and gave her my job and has put me in the kitchen. So no more tips for me. I was making more money in tips than my regular pay. It's disheartening to see this man run his business into the ground. I have made a few suggestions to him and when he has taken the advice it's worked, but he is very stubborn. Ugh. 

Well, I am off to swim. 

Have a great day.

Hugs,

Sharon

crystal M.
on 7/6/15 9:44 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I had a busy weekend.  We went to Greg's sister's house for 4th of July and my chocolate cake was a big hit.  Everyone loved it.  I have to say for my first try I was impressed.  It was quite delicious.  After the cookout Greg and I went to Lake Ellen in Glen Ellyn for fireworks.  I have to say they were nice fireworks and were pretty close to the action.

Afterwards, when we were walking to the car I was feeling awfully dizzy and sick.  Greg made the connection that the smell of sulfur seems to make me sick.  It happened at his sister's New Years party too.  They had sparklers in the house and the smell was really strong.  I had to go outside to get air.  Saturday, we really close and there was a cloud of it just hanging over us.  I never thought of it but I guess it does make me sick.

Sunday, we went to the movies to see Terminator and then went shopping.  We got Greg his wedding "get up".  And a few other tops.  I got a pair of nice walking sandals.  I really only have flip flops and heeled sandals.  So I said I want a nice pair of comfortable sandals for the honeymoon that I can walk around in and my feet won't hurt.  Something with arch support and cushion.  Then we went to Maggiono's for dinner.  We ate outside...it was a nice day.

Today, I'm not sure what going on.  Tomorrow is Greg's birthday.  His gift hasn't arrived yet!!!  Oh well...I can always give him a picture and he can wait.   

Well I am glad everyone seemed to have a nice weekend. 

I better get back to work.  Have a good day.

carlak
on 7/6/15 11:48 am - Bradenton, FL

Hi there,

Im waiting for the daily Florida rain to begin!!! We seem to get it everyday!!!

nothing much going on in my life! Getting ready to photograph a Crosstitch meet on the 16 th for the weekend. I'm excited about that. I'm the greeter on Friday also.

im not going to be back in Chicago till the end of September for Vinnies birthday and Carl's birthday. 

Life goes on!!!

Crystal I can't wait to see your dress!!!

Carla

image hosting site

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1061 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5588 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5332 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5360 views