Wednesday Roll Call

ChristineB
on 7/15/15 2:49 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Happy Wednesday!

Not much in my world today except to go to Costco for our usual supply run like eggs, cottage cheese, English muffins etc.

What is happening in your corner of IL?

&

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

LisaTucker
on 7/15/15 5:05 am - IL

Good Morning.

Yesterday, I finally got the East side yard weeded. The ground was still wet enough so it was real easy to weed. This is a 5'wide strip that is a against the house and had been planted with shrubs. When Hubert started adding on last year, he tore 2 of them out. He came out then and put a 1 foot wide concrete strip along thr edge for the pavers to sit on. So, this morning, before it gets hot. I want to get the pavers down, and go and get the mulch and new bushes that will be going in that area.

Otherwise, life is good.

Hugs,

Lisa

ChristineB
on 7/15/15 9:33 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Weeds - I have so many of them and no time nor energy to go outside to battle them.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

crystal M.
on 7/15/15 8:32 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

It's mid-week.  I'm not sure what I will do today.  I do have a doctor's appointment today.  He will switch up my allergy medicine again.  And I am going to ask him about a shingles vaccine.  Greg's daughter just found out she has shingles.  And it made me think I should get a vaccine.  But I want to make sure it's smart to get it before the wedding.  You know, in case of a reaction or something. 

Other than that there is nothing going on. 

The party will be on Saturday, August, 29th.  I am thinking the time will be 3pm till when ever.  You are all invited of course.  I will be sending you my address soon. 

Well better get going.  Have a great day all 

ChristineB
on 7/15/15 2:28 am, edited 7/15/15 4:09 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

You might want to look into some of the pro and con articles on the internet for the vaccine. It only helps about 5 out of every 1000 people that receive it. My doc feels it is a marketing ploy. The vaccine is nothing more than a children's inoculation that is about 4-5 times stronger.

Personally I will not get it. Even with my really good insurance I still have to pay for it up front and then submit the claim for reimbursement.

http://commonground.ca/2012/08/shingles-vaccine-stats-misleading/

PS - you might also want to check into the age criteria that the CDC recommends for a person to receive it. The CDC says it should not be given to a person below the age of 60. Here is another good read.

http://health.costhelper.com/shingles-vaccine.html

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

crystal M.
on 7/15/15 1:52 pm - Joliet, IL

Interesting read.  Thanks.  I don't think I will bother.  I hope I don't get it. 

Although, Greg's daughter is only 23 and she got it.  I don't understand the age restriction.  Obviously, people of any age can get it. 

japabp2000
on 7/15/15 2:52 pm

Hello from the almost very southern tip of Illinois. I'm new to this forum and I am very early in the process of surgery. In fact, I've only been to the seminar but meet with the surgeon on September 10th. I keep calling every Friday though in hopes of getting a sooner appointment. I go to my first support group tomorrow night a little bit north of where I live so I'm looking forward to that. Anyway..hope everyone has had a good Wednesday. Mine has been trying to say the least. 

ChristineB
on 7/15/15 6:51 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

So, happy that you found the IL board.

My name is Chris - I use Christine at work because when you use email one does not know if it is a male or female.

You can go in and look at everyone's profile. We have a few pep's that are busy with life right now but check in when they can. Randy has moved away back to TX - miss him and Jason has some health things going on with him and he connects when he can. The rest of the ladies are from the Cheddar curtain to the southern area by you. I am in the western 'burbs of Chi-town. Both myself and my husband had RNY 12 years ago and there are other successful WLS members here also.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

japabp2000
on 7/15/15 11:33 pm
On July 15, 2015 at 6:51 PM Pacific Time, ChristineB wrote:

So, happy that you found the IL board.

My name is Chris - I use Christine at work because when you use email one does not know if it is a male or female.

You can go in and look at everyone's profile. We have a few pep's that are busy with life right now but check in when they can. Randy has moved away back to TX - miss him and Jason has some health things going on with him and he connects when he can. The rest of the ladies are from the Cheddar curtain to the southern area by you. I am in the western 'burbs of Chi-town. Both myself and my husband had RNY 12 years ago and there are other successful WLS members here also.

Thanks for the warm welcome Christine. I'm glad I've found this board as well. 

crystal M.
on 7/16/15 7:18 am - Joliet, IL

Welcome to the Illinois Board.

We come on here daily and talk just about everything. 

My name is Crystal.  I live in Joliet.  I had Band surgery about 6 years ago.  I have been coming on this board before I had surgery...so it's been a long time. 

Hope you can join us daily and we can get to know you. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1068 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5593 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5338 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5366 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5402 views