Wednesday Roll Call

berts4
on 8/26/15 5:46 am - Rock City, IL

Good morning Illinois!

I am up and at 'em.  Work is still good, but I have been a bit irritable lately.  I am working on that.  I need to get back to serenity.

Things here in the northwest corner are doing pretty good.  No rain here, seems like in forever.  We finally got a bit of rain last week, but not enough to keep the plants alive.  I don't know if they are talking rain here "maybe" Friday and Saturday.  It seems that I live in a weather bubble and it always seems to go around us.

I spent last Saturday cleaning windows and my front porch.  It was a long, physical job, but everything looks nice now.

Lisa, travel safely today.  Where is Sharon and Nancy?  I hope they are well.  I know I have been absent for a while.

Everyone have a great day!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

crystal M.
on 8/26/15 7:50 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Ye I need to work on serenity also...at least until Saturday.  I am a planner and it's hard when the weather is so up in the air.  It's driving my nuts.  And of course I have a million things going through my head on what needs to be done.  Greg is taking Friday off to handle the big things.  Thank god he is not one of those lazy men.  I would be pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to get this together and work.

Now my next thing is do I have enough food or too much food.  We are going to have burgers and chicken kabobs and this eggplant dish (his mom make this) Brenda is making Puerto Rican food, we are going to have the normal assortment of chips, veggie plate and dip.  Watermelon, potato salad and pasta salad.  And a desert table....the desert table will be a complete surprise to me.  Greg's best friends are doing the dessert table as a gift to us.  Now does that sound like enough???  I was thinking of adding something like chili or mosticoli....or would that be too much???  I don't want tons of left overs but I don't want to run out.  I also wanted to have a mixture of healthy and downright heart attack food (LOL).  I had to have a vegetarian options too.    

For drinks I will have iced tea, water, coke, diet coke, sprite, and limited amounts of alcoholic beverages. 

Greg says I stress too much and just need to sit back and relax. 

I will try....

The fun part for me will be decorating.  I will enjoy that....as long as I get to and it doesn't rain. 

Come for a visit Nancy and Sharon...

See ya laters gators. 

berts4
on 8/27/15 5:35 am - Rock City, IL

Listen to your husband and chill!  It sounds like you have everything covered well.  The food sounds fantastic and you even have non-carbonated beverages.  People are not coming for the food, they are coming to celebrate your new life!  BREATHE!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1068 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5593 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5338 views