Tuesday Roll Call

berts4
on 10/27/15 10:40 am - Rock City, IL

Good afternoon, Illinois!

I am good. Working and staying busy. Liking the job for the most part. Can't complain too much. It has been a challenge to remember (or learn) how to deal with other personalities. My boss's personality is sometimes like my father-in-law, but she is nice, not mean. It is still challenging, mostly from being expected to know what she means as opposed to what she says. Oh well, could be MUCH worse.

Crystal, So sorry to hear about Amanda's Grandmother. I will keep her and you all in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad that Gregg's parents have a wonderful fall-back plan. It is sad to lose a home though.

Nancy: Boy, you sure have a lot going on. I hope Rick continues to improve and the identity fraud is as painless as possible. Todd has been hit a couple of times on his debit card and our bank has been great. Did you get to start the new job? How is it?

Lisa: I'll bet you are glad to be back at work. I can't believe how grown up Morgan is!

Carla: Glad you are cleared, did not need surgery and are heading to the sunshine.

The biggest news in my world is Olivia. She is feeling better and getting on with her studies and activities. I have to remind her that she may still be fatigued.

Anyway.........Unfortunately, she was hanging out with a boy (eww....they have cooties... :-)...) that turns out has an anger problem. She has told me periodically that he would get mad about stuff but she didn't tell me until recently HOW mad and how, after he said hurtful things, the next day she would get presents and big apologies. When she told me that, I told her to steer clear since that is a sign of an abuser. Well......being Olivia, she thought that she cold handle it, talked to him and he promised to change, because he agreed, that probably was not safe or healthy" (my words). It came to a head last Monday after she told him that they needed to "take a break". He verbally abused her and both her and I were afraid for her safety. I reported it to a faculty member and the faculty member filed a Title IX complaint. The GOOD news is that she got away before it turned physical and from what I can tell, he is leaving her alone. I am trying to keep closer contact with her and give her support. Amber, Riley and I are planning on going down there over Thanksgiving also. So, I am breathing a sigh of relief that (hopefully) we caught it in time.

Well, I had better get back to work, my lunch is over.

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

crystal M.
on 10/27/15 1:09 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I have been busy with audit stuff at work. Keeping up and moving.

Greg has a string of business trips he has to take one after another. He comes back from Buffalo today. I think the next two start the first week of November. He is going to Pittsburgh and San Antonio. So on my own again.

There is one he is taking to California next year. He is going to possibly take me along on that one. And we are going to make it into a mini vacation. See San Francisco again.

I was saying one of these winters we need to get away somewhere warm. I hate winter and would love to have a break from it one these times

Tonight I am making Greg's favorite for his homecoming...meatloaf. Yep...he loves my meatloaf.

Dawn- thank god Olivia has a good head on her shoulders and is getting away from that guy now. Hopefully this guy will realize that she is not the weak person he thought she was. These guys usually go after weak woman...and probably mistook her kindness for weakness.

Well time to get back to work....

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1071 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5600 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5342 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5370 views
Thursday Roll Call