Monday, Happy Spring Roll Call!

berts4
on 3/21/16 7:24 am - Rock City, IL

Good first Monday of Spring, 2016!

I had a nice weekend.  Friday night, I went and hung out with a bunch of women at my sponsor's house that I haven't seen in a while.  I need to spend more time with them as they make me feel loved.  They talked me into entering into the Chili Cook Off the next day at the club.   It was very last minute so I made white (green) chicken chili and put a stuffed chick on the table and called it, "Chuck the Chicken's famous Chili".  I tied for 3rd (only out of seven) but it was fun. 

Yesterday, Todd and I saw, "10 Cloverfield Lane" and went out for supper.  The movie was very good and thought/conversation provoking.  As we all know....getting Todd into a conversation takes some work.  So, a good time all in all.

Today, I am back at work.  The boss is out and I am holding down the fort the first day of Spring Break.  That means that our second site is open for all the school age kids, which make staffing a challenge.

Everyone have a great day!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

crystal M.
on 3/21/16 9:34 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I have short week this week.  I'm off Good Friday...woohoo!!!

Yesterday was such a long day.  We went to church but we run the audio and the visual so we had to be there for rehearsal.  So we there at 8am.  We got out at 11am.  We killed some time in the church parking lot.  Greg was teaching me stick shift.  We had some where to go but it was too late to go home but too early to leave. 

We went to Greg's friend's house to help him out.  He is going through a pretty nasty divorce.  He needed help getting things situated at home.  He is partially disabled and can't get around very well.  His wife trashed the place when she moved out.  I mean it was a wreck.  I don't understand why you would do that???  I have had guys treat me pretty bad and I never act like this when we split up.  And this guy is so broken up about the ending of his marriage I feel really bad for him.  We didn't get home till almost 10pm.

Dawn- I tried a chili recipe not to long ago that turned out pretty good.  I thought it sounded unusual because it had beef and Italian sausage and bacon in it...also a can of beer (I guess O'douls would work for you).  Only thing I would have changed about the recipe next time around is that it needed more spices.  It was a little too bland for my taste. 

I put a call into the eye doctor and basically demanded a new brand of contacts.  I have these in right now and they are bothering my something awful.  If I wasn't so worried about cleanliness I would just take them out right now.  But there is no way...this place is not clean enough.  I don't want to get an eye infection. 

Well back to work....have a good day all.  

crystal M.
on 3/21/16 10:18 am - Joliet, IL

UPDATE-

I am getting a new brand of contacts.  I guess I just had to be very persistent.  Of course I disagree with that.  These are my eyes if I wasn't acting as my own advocate I would be stuck with contacts that aren't right for my eyes.  I think this eye doctor should be more proactive.   

LisaTucker
on 3/22/16 5:11 am - IL

It sounds like both of you had a productive weekend. We had the kids here  Sunday for Hubert's birthday. Morgan decided to stay. I think I will take off tomorrow ( Wed) to take her shopping.

Hugs.

Lisa

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5600 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5342 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5370 views