Monday Roll Call

berts4
on 4/11/16 6:05 am - Rock City, IL

Good Monday Morning!

I am sitting here with the sun shining brightly through my window and loving it.

This is the, "Week of the Young Child" and we are celebrating here at work.  Lots of fun things planned all week long.  Unfortunately, right now, being Monday, we have more kids than usual having a hard time being dropped off.  The change in routine after being home over the weekend always makes mornings a little rougher for the little ones.

I have officially gained back to my surgery weight.  I will be calling the surgeon this morning to get an appointment.  I've started back to riding the stationary bike every morning and tracking my food.  Funny thing is, I have been doing this for about 10 days and I actually GAINED a couple pounds.  That's ok.  I will keep at it.  I'm sure my weight is 80% of my pain issues.

Crystal---sorry to hear about the contacts.  I hope you find a solution, because once over the initial hump, they are fantastic (at least for me).

I am looking forward to my trip down to get Liv from school.  I will be leaving May 7 and we will be driving back Monday or Tuesday the 9 or 10.  I got a $53.00 flight on Spirit, so we will see how that goes.  I'm always up for an adventure!

That's about it for me.  What's happening in your corner of Illinois?

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

crystal M.
on 4/11/16 9:50 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Well I haven't done much of anything for 4 days because I got sick.  Yep.  Just a cold but it's taking it's time to go away.  Of course Greg took good care of me.  He does this thing when I get a headache...he massages my head.  It feels really good and usually helps the headache die down. 

Dawn- gaining weight is one of my fears.  I am forever trying to lose.  I never did hit my goal weight.  I was going to the gym and then I got sick.  So now back to the gym.  Luckily or unlucky I seem to be gaining and losing the same 5-7lbs. So at least I'm not getting bigger...just staying the same.  It just gets really frustrating!!! 

Have fun on your trip down to see Liv.  Hope everything goes smoothly. 

Some news from Amanda and Charles.  Charles landed a really nice job, making pretty good money.  He will be working with incarcerated youth.  Helping them get ready for the job force.  He is really excited.  Amanda was accepted into the masters program she wanted.  She will be starting full time in the fall and quit her job (since Charles has a good job).  She says it gives her time to do internships/volunteering so she can do some networking and build up some professional contacts in Washington.  That's how most people get jobs in her field. 

Well back to work...have a good day all.   

berts4
on 4/11/16 2:03 pm - Rock City, IL

That is SO exciting for them!  Congrats to them both!  What a relief, not having to work while completing her Masters!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

LisaTucker
on 4/12/16 5:19 am - IL

Good Morning.

Just working and trying to spring clean my house and yard. The spring cleaning is getting nowhere, but I am hopeful.

We celebrated my birthday with doing a partial barn quilt run, then going to Davenport to the boat, coming back to Princton and going to a grill your own steak place. One word, Yummy. A nice family day.

7 weeks until cruise time.

Dawn, have a great trip to pick up Liv.

Heading for work.

Hugs,

Lisa

crystal M.
on 4/12/16 8:22 am - Joliet, IL

A grill your own steak place.  That is interesting.  What is the name of this place?   

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1061 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5588 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5332 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5360 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5393 views