Bad back and WLS.....

Kathy D.
on 5/18/04 12:04 am - Skokie, IL
Just curious........have any of you that may suffer from chronic severe back pain noticed any improvent with the loss of significant amts of wt. It would certainly be a dream come true to me to think that perhaps my back pain might atleast get under better control.......I have back porblems that arean't going to go away......Thoracic spine herniations/lumbar buldges/osteoarthritis.......but I keep thinking that having all this excess wt pulling down on my back can't be good.......and that perhaps by losing much if my middle section I might feel some relief. So, if anyone can shead any light on this for me I'd be eternally greatful. Thanks to all of you......God Bless and hope it's a great day for everyone.Never did I think I'd WANT to be a part of such a bunch of LOSERS.........but it sorta takes on a different light now. All my best to all of you for continued health and wt loss...... Your AMOS friend and "wanna-be LOSER, Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/04 10:35 pm - Midlothian, IL
Kathy, I've had two back surgeries prior to having WLS on 10/21/03. I had the surgery in an effort to help the continous pain I had and to hopefully prevent further disc degeneration in my lumbar spine (although their are no guarantees). Since after loosing about 35-40 pounds (post WLS) I noticed my back pain is not so severe, and I am able to do LOW impact exercises and a LOT more walking. I shall forewarn you though... my back has been aggravating me a lot these days, and my PCP seems to think it actually might be from the excess skin causing my breasts to sag. I saw my orthopedic and he is having me go through some physical therapy but he too is now thinking my problems are from the hanging skin. I can't find a proper bra to fit for the life of me!!! The doc wants me to look into getting a special "corset/bustier" made to hold me together until I am ready for plastic surgery. I think I rather live with the pain for a few months, because with summer coming, it will be too warm to be wearing a body contraption!!!! I will get a breast lift, when the time is right, but its too soon now, with only being 7 months out. However, I am starting to research and will hopefully be able to get the "girls" fixed around my one year anniversary. By the way... if your still working your insurance approval. Make sure your doctor who is treating you for the back writes a letter of necessity - that made ALL the difference in getting my approval. Best of luck to you. I wish you the best. Peggy
Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5600 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5342 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5370 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5407 views