AH, and now for the fun part!

Amanda M.
on 5/18/04 2:20 am - Palos Hills, IL
Had my consultation today. Nothing fancy, quick and to the point. I guess you need appointments to have some of these tests done, and the receptionist said there was no way to get me in today, I needed to call and schedule. Blah blah, whatever, sometimes I don't think they really know BUT, I've decided to take matters into my own hands and I'm doing the fun part of scheduling at my local hospital and calling dr's offices for past results to be faxed over. And then after that you just have to wait for insurance approval and they give ya a date! Shayani's office handles everything, that's great! Debby and Michelle - you have nothing to worry about! Amanda
Proud Military Mom
on 5/18/04 3:47 am - Reno, NV
Amanda did they give you a list of what they want as far as test's go maybe we can go ahead and start scheduling the tests now so we're ready..... Thanks!
Amanda M.
on 5/18/04 4:25 am - Palos Hills, IL
Sure did! My list to do: Pulmonary Clearance Psychological Clearance Esophagram - for evaluation of esophageal dysmotility Labs - PT/PTT, TSH, CMP Pap Smear Chest X-Ray PFT's Polysomnography (Sleep Test) Things he didn't check off for me: Cardiology Clearance Radiology (mammogram) Nutritional Consult I don't know which ones you'll have to do, but it's a good idea to get a head start! Hope this helps! Amanda
Proud Military Mom
on 5/18/04 4:44 am - Reno, NV
Amanda great!! my paps and my mammogram are recent so thats done if he wants them... I was talking to my mom today she said she didnt think I'd pass a psychological clearance she thinks I'm nuts LOL Does this have to be done by a MD ? or can it be done by a psychologist not psychiatrist. hmmm do you know?
Amanda M.
on 5/18/04 6:31 am - Palos Hills, IL
I'm not sure. But UGH I am having issues scheduling some of this stuff! April from Shayani's office said she only gives "orders" for the Esophagram and the Labs. So I said fine and she faxed them to my local hospital and I got those Appts ready. Well, when I went to schedule my PFT, Pulmonary clearance and all that other stuff, they said they also needed a doctors order. I've been trying to figure this all out, I've talked to so many people today my heads spinning! But this is what I think.... I need an order for the PFT because my hospitals whacky, fine. Then I think after I have the PFT THEY order the Pulmonary clearance, chest x-ray, and the sleep test? Ugh, I'm so freaking confused, and no one seems to know what I am talking about! I sure hope I figure this out soon before I go nuts! I might just ask on the main board...someone always knows something.....hmmm Amanda
Proud Military Mom
on 5/18/04 7:40 am - Reno, NV
Here's another call for you to make, call your PCP tell them what tests you need to have, and ask them to write the orders for all of them. They might even be nice enough to call and schedule them for you.... I thought Dr. Shayani said he was going to have the ability to schedule this all in one day for us??? hmmmmm apparently he hasnt told his staff this yet...
Donna P.
on 5/24/04 1:35 am - Carterville, IL
Why a pap test for gastric bypass surgery? That seems odd. Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1068 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5593 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5338 views
Sunday Roll Call