Consult today...

Tracy F.
on 5/20/04 3:16 am - Fisher, IL
Hi all. Just wanted to update everyone since I went to my consultation this morning with Dr. Rohrscheib. First of all, I have to give a to the gals that work in that office. They are what make Dr Rohrscheib what he is today. Beth sat down with me after my discussion with the doctor to go over all the necessary items that needed discussing as well as let me know what will happen next in the process. Since I didn't have my diet history filled out all the way, I have to mail that back to them before they can make final paperwork for the insurance company but over all, because they are wonderful. I had some questions that needed answers due to my loss of my father two days after gastric bypass and Dr Rohrscheib pulled his chair up closer to where I was sitting and said 'Go ahead and tell me what you are thinking'....how many doctors will do that when they are as busy as he is? I have seen my fair share of doctors in my 36 years of life and I'm here to tell you one thing, few of them impress me but he sure as hell did!!! After discussing everything and determining that I might not be able to have the lapband, he has to check my records at another facility first, but if I could have the banding.....that would be great! Imagine, outpatient surgery that could potentially increase my health drastically??? That is fantastic! And I'm all for that. Now, I am contacting my PCP as well as my Physical Medicine doctor for letters of recommendation for the surgery. Once I receive those plus my medical records are received by Dr Rohrscheib's office, they said it should take about 30 days to get results. Usually, the waiting period from first consultation until surgery complete is 3-4 months I will update again when I have more information but for now, all I have to say is that Dr Rohrscheib and his staff are angels sent from above in my eyes. Swtstmomma aka Tracy
michelle
on 5/20/04 6:03 am - Swansea, IL
I am so happy for you! Congratulations on finding your perfect dr. That is hard to do. I have my consult on Tuesday the 25th with Dr. Shayani in Maywood at Loyola University. I feel very comfortable with him.
Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5600 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5342 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5370 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5407 views