I need your help..

Tracy F.
on 5/23/04 1:02 am - Fisher, IL
Hi, I'm Tracy aka swtstmomma. I need to get my diet history form filled out and faxed back to Dr Rohrscheib's office but I am drawing a blank as to all of the diets I have tried over the years. I'm 36 years old, mother of 17 yr old Ashley and 15 yr old Zach and believe me, I think I have tried everything, just as all of you have. However, I have fibromyalgia and do suffer from some sort of memory problems so thinking of all the typical diets that a morbidly obese person might have tried......I can't remember. I know how very important it is to fill this paperwork out as thoroughly as possible so I'm asking for help. Also, I'm not sure yet whether or not my insurance company will pay for the psych evaluation that is required. Is anyone familiar with Wellmark BCBS of Iowa? The doctor's office gave me a name of a gal in Decatur to go to for this eval and said her rate was around $250!!!! I can't afford that! I guess I will if I have to but some bill will have to go by the wayside for that to happen .(that happens to us frequently since I got fired). In January, when I lost my job due to 'job performance' and another employee saying I said 'F*** it'...I have gained even more weight and it is putting even more pressure on my shoulders and my feet problems. I'm anxious to get the ball rolling with this and it sounds like if I get approval from the insurance company, I could be in for surgery real soon. I will definately need prayer because if anyone could have bad luck, it is myself and my husband Each time I actually take the time to sit down and post in here, I end of babbling on and on about nothing.......sorry I'm starved for attention I think and borderline to majorly depressed since I quit smoking and my hormones started going crazy. They actually put me on the pill after 10 years to try and control it!!!!!!!!!! It might be working a lil says 'Ashley' but go****'s playing with my emotions even more than before. I'll survive though and if I don't quit babbling, I'll never find any chat buddies... Brandi, thanks for the info about you getting ready to have this surgery. I'll put you on my aol buddy list and you add me: swtstmomma2004 because I am online frequently . It is my way to pass the time sometimes. I'll look forward to any suggestions for the diet history that anyone can give me and until I post next time and babble keep your heads up and keep reaching for those stars Tracy
Lora Leach
on 5/23/04 7:09 am - Goreville, IL
I did the same thing as you when it came to filling out my diet history. Here are the ones that I can think of.. Atkins Diet South Beach Diet Weigh****chers Jenny Craig Richard Simmons Deal A Meal Metabolife water diet ( like Oprah did) low fat/low cal 1200 Cal diet (i used mini thins to suppress my diet also and I put that down too) diabetic diet(bought a cookbook) jello diet slimfast dexatrim phen-phen herbal diet pills TOPS I know there are tons more out there, but I'm drawing a blank also I'm not sure about the BCBS, as my husband just got a new job and that is his insurance now. I'll be able to use it in 6 months. For now I'm on a medical card. Let me know what you find out with them!! Thanks nad I hope that helped you out a little bit at least..lol
michelle
on 5/24/04 4:13 am - Swansea, IL
I did TOPS too. It was a big waste of time and money. I never lost much weight, but what I did lose I gained right back. The people were nice. I was the youngest in my group and felt like I was in daycare since everyone was so much older.
Proud Military Mom
on 5/24/04 1:14 am - Reno, NV
Lora gave you a good list but I'll add one that I did when I was a teenager........ Pregnant woman urine injections... not sure of the actual name for that but I took em as gross as it sounds but i did loose some weight...
Henry C.
on 5/24/04 5:00 am - Northern, IL
When I was a kid there was one I tried that was little chocolate like cubes. They were appetite suppresants, I think the name was Aides. Not sure of the spelling. Also, there were diet pills, when I was younger were amphetamine. FYI-the diet that Oprah, and I did, was not called a water diet it was called a Liquid diet. Optifast was one of the brand names and HMR (Health Management Resources). Both still exist today. Hope this helps.
Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5600 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5343 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5370 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5407 views