Univ. of Chicago?

Mamadoe52
on 5/25/04 12:47 pm - griffith, IN
I'm going to have my surgery here and just wondered if anyone had, and coments on care they got. I'm from Ind. so I'll be using the South Shore I was very impressed that there was a free shuttle almost to the front door I didn't like all the stairs at the train station I will have to find other transpotation after surgery. I liked Kim and Judy, I liked the Dr. so far. Let me know what you thought please and thank you. Doris
Amanda M.
on 5/26/04 7:26 am - Palos Hills, IL
Hi Doris! I don't want to scare you or anything but one of my friends had her baby delivered there and the nurses were just aweful! I'm not sure about the rest of the hospital though But, UIC is an *awesome* hospital, you'll be in good hands! Amanda
Cathy C.
on 5/28/04 1:43 pm - Chicago, IL
Hi Amanda, You've got hospitals mixed up. The UIC is the University of Illinois at Chicago hospital and the other one is the University of Chicago hospital. They are quite different. Lots of folks get mixed up about their abbreviations. Cathy C. University of Chicago Hospitals
Amanda M.
on 5/30/04 12:24 am - Palos Hills, IL
Oops, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to confuse anyone by abbreviating, but I'm still talking about the same hospital Sorry! Amanda
vllgmz4
on 5/28/04 5:48 am - Burbank, IL
Doris, I just had my surgery at U of Chicago on March 26. And let me let you the staff is wonderful, of course you always have a nurse or 2 that doesn't seem to really care at EVERY hospital. I had Dr. Prachand and I absolutely LOVE him!!!! He's the best, he's got a great bedside manner, and always answers all your questions no matter how many you have. When I had complications (had a bowel obstruction, because of a hernia I didn't even know I had) he really calmed me and made me feel well cared for. And Kim OMG whenever I had a question after I got home, she would call me back ASAP. EX. I had a small piece of "plastic" coming from one of my insicions that I was worried about, when I called her she told me to come in asap so she could look at it. It only turned out to be a stitch (dissolving) that had worked it's way to the surface, but they attended to me right away. If you have any questions feel free to email me, and I'll give you my phn# so we can talk. Good Luck
Cathy C.
on 5/30/04 8:05 am - Chicago, IL
Doris, As of today there is a change that you should be aware of if you're coming in on the South Shore train. The 59th St. station is closed. It has been replaced by a remodeled 57th station. The service should be the same but you should be aware of the change. We love the So. Shore train. Go to their web site for further information and phone numbers if you need more information: http://www.nictd.com/ May 30, 2004 SOUTH SHORE TRAIN SCHEDULE ADJUSTMENTS TO TAKE EFFECT SWITCH FROM 59TH ST. TO 57TH ST.
Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1071 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5600 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5342 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5370 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5407 views