Ugh, Esophagram

Amanda M.
on 5/26/04 7:39 am - Palos Hills, IL
Even though it was (hopefully) well worth it to have it done ....YUCK! That had to be one of the most horrible tasting things ever! What I'm wondering is, what if you have to have a swallow test done sometime *after* your WLS? How on earth could that be done?? From what I hear, I couldn't imagine guzzling down glasses of that thick, chalky stuff! hmmm.... After all the testing I went through today, the insurance company better approve me! Amanda
Proud Military Mom
on 5/26/04 8:10 am - Reno, NV
Amanda I am so glad to see your on your way to surgery.... You need to get use to that you have to do it after surgery and after each fill
Amanda M.
on 5/26/04 9:29 am - Palos Hills, IL
You're kidding! But wouldn't that make you throw up??? Amanda
Proud Military Mom
on 5/26/04 9:31 am - Reno, NV
was it that nasty strawberry flavored barium? and no it doesnt but it makes you come close
Linda M.
on 5/26/04 10:35 pm - WayNorthIn, IL
alright you guys...buck up!!! this is not a bad procedure to go thru. you've been and will be thru worse. you just have to swallow a mouthful or 2 and that's it. ask for the marshmallow or banana flavor. it's much better than the strawberry. after my surgery, and i was so gaggy from anesthesia, the last thing i wanted to do was have to do the barium swallow but it actually felt good to have something besides ice chips or water go down. i took 1 swallow and saw the whole thing on the tv monitor. it was kind of cool to see it. then i took another swallow and it was over. didn't have to drink cups of it. just the 2 swallows and it was done. now be brave. it's not as bad as some other procedures. good luck you guys. you're gonna love the band.
Amanda M.
on 5/27/04 1:14 am - Palos Hills, IL
ok! A couple swallows isn't bad, it was the cup fulls and chugging it! And I had the wonderful 'unflavored' kind
Proud Military Mom
on 5/27/04 3:33 am - Reno, NV
Amanda I hope you never have to have a full Upper GI you wont make it,,, last two upper gi's I had I had to drink THREE cup fulls of it!!! ACKY
Linda M.
on 5/27/04 11:16 pm - WayNorthIn, IL
ewwwwwww they made you drink and chug it? gakkkkkkk. after the band was in and i was ready to go home 6 hours later, the surgeon told me i had to have the swallow study to make sure everything was in place. i literally swallowed 23 small mouthfuls of that stuff. then it was over. it really wasn't bad at all. hope all goes well for you and you don't have to chug it again.
Linda M.
on 5/28/04 12:21 am - WayNorthIn, IL
sorry...that was 2 to 3 mouthfuls of the stuff not 23.
nicole H.
on 5/28/04 12:26 pm - Naperville, il
Gee thanks for the memories! LOL..yack! I had that terrible stuff at my UGI..It did not taste so bad but the thickness. Now the crap i had to swallow after my first RNY was terrble! I had to upchuck and swallow again.....yuck!! But compared to after surgery and that crap, oh that is THE WORST! Worst part is I threw up and had to do it 3 times!!!!!. Now HERE IS THE KICKER...when I had my UGI done for my REVISION the girl who brought me in had no idea that i had a gastric bypass but then I told her! ..we just got to talking and i said does this determine if the pouch has leeks. she said no, if you swalled this stuff and you had a leak, you could die! HUhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I got sweats! I was like WTHell!!!!!! Don't assume that the techs know what the hell they are doing! In fact, some don't and I am in the process of research. If they gave me what i think they gave me, there is a MAJOR lawsuit. I cannot comment more on that! All I know is that when the doctor walked in and I MADE SURE I TOLD HIM I AM A GASTRIC BYPASS PATIENT, he said really? I said yeah.. Some people think I look to small to have had a GBP but point is , he said, NO, don;t give her that, Just do the second step. That is when I knew something was wrong!
Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5600 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5342 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5370 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5407 views