Indianapolisi 500 Mini Marathon

severman
on 1/10/12 11:02 am - Indianapolis, IN
I signed up to walk/run in the 500 Mini Marathon with my big sis!  This year I am actually going to complete it.  The last two years that I signed up I ended up in the hospital.  Is anyone else signed up?

Stephanie E
Jeremy M.
on 1/12/12 10:02 pm - Fishers, IN
 I am signed up to run.  This will be my first year competing, but I've done a few 5Ks and think I'll be able to complete the full event.  I'm hoping to be able to run the whole race, but will really just be happy to complete the distance.
Jeremy

HW 327 / SW 300 / CW 198 / GW 169

severman
on 1/13/12 11:11 am - Indianapolis, IN

Jeremy,
  Wishing you the best of luck running.  I might try to run part of it, but it all depends on my sister.  I can barely walk a 15 minute mile, I just naturally walk slowly.  I am not a runner either.  I'm doing the couch to 5k program to get me ready to run a 5k.  I think the longest I can run right now is only 5 minutes straight, but the program gives me 9 weeks to build up to it!

Stephanie E

grandmasue
on 1/21/12 10:27 pm - Peru, IN
I have signed up.  I have done it 2 other times one in 2009 and then again in 2010  I did a walk run type thing and completed it both times in 3 hours 30 min.  My husband also did that with me.  He has also signed up and his goal is to run the entire course in 2 hours 30 min. Big goal for someone that had his knee scoped on Jan 6.  The ortho guy said no RUNNING until the end of march but I think it will be before then though.  He has not had weight loss surgery but has lost about 50 pounds and is struggling like I am to keep it off about 4 years later. My mouthy daughter said I will walk it with you so I signed her up real fast so I can have a walk/run partner.  She doesn't exercise much so I bet she is on the bus headed back to the finish line before miles 6- 8 which is the greates tone to be in. That goes around the INDY 500 track.
Sue Keller seminar 271, pre-op day 246 06-2007, day of surgery 7//2007  239.5
Most Active
Recent Topics