DS event ?

Emantha
on 2/14/12 11:58 am
Hi i'm Em, and i am meeting my surgeon for the first time on Feb 23rd. At the moment, my parents are completely onboard, and fully supportive. I would like to bring my parents to a DS event that is not hospital run, so they can see real people who have had this done.  
 My mom is worried that i will only be able to eat a tablespoon of food at a time for the rest of my life, and will regain all the weight i lose (with interest).
 I had considered taking them to one of the seminars, but from what i've read, St Vincents treats RNY and DSers to the same diet advice, and i don't want that getting stuck in my parents heads. I can just hear my mom saying "are you sure you should have steak? maybe you should have the chicken breast."  for the rest of my life.... And i do want my folks to know there is life after WLS.
 So here's my question, does anyone know when/where the March DS event will be?
SethHouser
on 2/14/12 9:27 pm - New Castle, IN
The next support group meeting is Feb 28 at 6:30p at St. V for DS people. I'm hardly on OH anymore we have DS facebook page. You can add me to facebook I'm under Seth Houser.

On the journey to losing weight, your friends & family will be the first people to try to knock you off. They do this not out spite, but out of being convicted and knowing they should do the same. It's easier to put someone down for doing the right thing, than for them to actually do it. So at your next family re-union or wherever you are eat your chicken and broccoli and smile when they make jokes about you, they are jealous!
Most Active
Recent Topics