Just wanted to say hi, and see what others thought who had Dr. Huse.

AjAngelll
on 2/25/12 5:10 pm - South Bend, IN
Revision on 04/03/12
  I used to be a regular on this site years ago, when I had my first WLS. I had a roux-n-y with Dr. Gomez at IU med center. My insurance stopped letting me see him at the year mark and I started having issues, maybe 2 years out. It was like i gained 60 of the hundred back that I had lost. When I looked into revision in 2009, everyone just wanted to say it was my fault, and then was told my stomach was horizontal and should be vertical. Its kind of ironic that it was the plastic surgeon at home that told me that there was a problem and I needed a revision, Said that I would never loose weight. Turns out he was right. I had to have back surgery this past Dec for a slipped disc, the sirgeon said that I have to get the weight off, ASAP, I could have greater problems in the future. I was told to go to ST.V's to find someone for a revision. I was set up with Dr. Huse. When I met him I instantly liked him, and he was the first to actually have an idea what may be wrong. After my upper GI, we found out that my stoma has too large of an opening. He said it was a healing issue, not compliance. Everything is approved, but I am waiting on my surgery date, because I have to finish everything they want me to do. I have it all done now, so fingers crossed I will find out next week, when it is. 
I just wanted to know what others who have had him as a surgeon think of him. I have not been told what kind of revision yet. I am assuming it will be a fix on the roux-n-y , but I am not sure. I went to the support group up here in South Bend, last week, but everyone had a different surgeon. I also since then, helped put a group together on FB for a virtual support group. If anyone is interested in joining, it is a closed group, so everything said on the page, is not showing up on everyone's walls. 
I have seen some familiar faces posting on here, from when I was on the board back in 03/04. But I had stopped coming on because I felt like such a failure. I am looking forward to a 2nd try. Just frustrated that the first one messed up, and that I have to jump through all the hoops again.

Karen H.
on 3/4/12 11:27 pm
I need a revision myself. I have gained all my weight back..I think there must be something wron with my stoma..I had the RNY done in 2004.
What is your group on Facebook? I would like to join.
And I wonder if Dr. Huse would do me??

..."Let Us Love The World To Peace"...

Karen H.
on 3/4/12 11:28 pm
My problems also started at the Year Mark..I had a Perforated Ulcer..And had to be opened again to fix that..never have lost anymore weight just gained..

AjAngelll
on 3/8/12 8:07 am - South Bend, IN
Revision on 04/03/12
 The name of the group I started on FB is called Bariatric Buddies. There is hardly anyone on it right now, but I am hoping it will grow. I am hoping for some to be on it while I am in the Hospital. I have my surgery on 4/3. Dr Huse is wonderful, for what I know of him right now. I will see him again, pre surgery in 2 weeks :)

Karen H.
on 3/9/12 10:35 am
Hello, I don't know, I have had so many problems with the RNy I am afraid to do anything else.. I had the perforated Ulcer 1 year exactly to the date I had the RNY. The doctor I had was very uncaring and I am very sceptical of any surgery to do with my stomach, I would like to find something that we can all work together with each other to try and make what surgery we had work. I think I will ask for a scope to be done but if it shows everything is alright It is me..If not then I will do what it takes to have it fixed..I hope you and I will become friends and help each other and can help others.

AjAngelll
on 3/10/12 2:44 am - South Bend, IN
Revision on 04/03/12
 I would love to be friends :)
Most Active
Recent Topics