Does anyone know if???

Karen H.
on 3/4/12 11:17 pm
There is a Doctor in Indiana that can help with a Revision on an RNY I had done in 2004?
Or anything new they can do to help me lose the weight I have gained back??

..."Let Us Love The World To Peace"...

BWB
on 3/6/12 7:01 am
 I replied to another post.  I can reccommend Dr Mattar at IU Health.  The bariatric center is at 73rd and I-465 on the west side of Indianapolis.  I can look it up for you if you are from out-of-town.

Karen H.
on 3/7/12 3:17 am
BWB, Thank You so much.Yes I am about 2 hours from Indy..Did he do a revision on you, and what did he do? Was he judgemental or easy to work with? He is very experienced??

..."Let Us Love The World To Peace"...

BWB
on 3/9/12 10:45 am, edited 3/8/12 10:48 pm
He was not judgemental in any way. He is very soft spoken, kind, and understanding man. I just had RNY. Guess I don't understand what a revision is. I had done enough research to know that I didn't want the lap band and I've seen so many people who had problems that I'm really happy. He has a large staff that are extremely nice and attentive too. The IU Health Hospital on the north side of indpls ( 116th St and N. Meridian) is where he does the surgery and it has all private rooms and is rather new. One of the things that I like about him is he follows your progress for several years.

We live in Crawfordsville which is 1 hour away so we stayed in a motel near the hospital the night before. You can get a discount if you tell them you are going into surgery at IU Health.

Let me know what you think after you meet him. There are other surgeons in the same group too.

I imagine he is 50ish, from Egypt, and has lots of experience. He was head of the dept until this year.
Good luck with your weight loss.

Lynn5707
on 3/17/12 12:08 pm - IN
Hi,

I also vote for Dr. Mattar. I had the sleeve, not RNY - but he is great! I didn't realize he no longer was head of the department.

Either way - he is the best!

Best of luck.

Lisa T.
on 4/20/12 1:27 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12
I am going to Community North's Bariatric Center of Excellence.  During my orientation, there was a woman who is also seeking a revision.  I have been seeing Dr. Scott Mimms (he used to be at IU Health).  I have also found him to be a very patient, kind, and plain spoken individual.  If you are looking for options, I would add him to your list.

Height 4'11"  HW:  235  SW:  230  GW:  130   RNY 6/7/12   

Most Active
Recent Topics