After surgery what multivitamin are you taking ?

browneyes65
on 8/18/13 4:04 pm - IN

Just deciding what one is the best one and can I buy at the store. I want to start taking them ahead of time, I think they are suppose to be sugar free. I'm going to St Vincents for surgery if it all works out from Insurance.

JazzyOne9254
on 8/25/13 3:37 am

If you're having a DS, you can get "Centrum-type" multivitamins that don't have to be chewable.  RNY - chewable or liqiud.

As far as sugar-free, you can read the label to find out if there's sugar in it.  Most sugars end in  -ose .  DSer's don't have to avoid sugar unless they want to.  Most RNY's get dumping syndrome as a result of ingesting too many sugars, either complex or simple.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

saterry
on 9/19/13 9:50 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

Most RNY'ers DO NOT DUMP.

Only about 30%.

We dont need SF vitamins and they dont have to be chewable. As long as they are no bigger than an Aspirin or cut in half you are fine. Make sure they are Complete Vitamins. Have 100% USDA recommended amount of vitamins and minerals

.If you are having surgery at St. Vincent Carmel you will have a 4 hour diet class before surgery. You will be given all the info you need about vitamins and nutrition.

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

elifritz
on 10/29/18 3:23 am - Columbus, IN

16 1/2 years post RNY, I still dump!

gizmo113
on 9/12/13 2:47 am - Camby, IN

There is a real debate on OH about Flintstones versus non Flintstones and the quality of vitamin. I know that St. Vincent's recommends flintstones so I have always used them. Never had bad numbers and I am 2 1/2 years out. I had to up my folic acid at times but that was when I was trying to conceive.

Follow me on my blog!!! www.fittingmethin.blogspot.com

severman
on 9/16/13 10:42 am - Indianapolis, IN

I am almost 11 years post op and I take Meijer's Ultimate Women's Century Multivitamin.  I also use their calcium citrate and my levels have all been fine.

Stephanie E

Most Active
Recent Topics