Self Pay Indianapolis/Carmel HELP

nillee
on 8/30/13 5:04 am

Can anyone out there help me? I have talked to St. Vincents and IU and they are both telling me it is around 25000 to 30 000 dollars for gastric sleeve (although NEITHER will really give me proper rates - you have to call five or six people who never answer the phones.) How is this possible when self pay prices are much lower than that in so many other places? Has anyone negotiated self pay rates??? Any one go anywhere near Indy (cinci or chicago) that were less and more efficient?? Help please!! Getting frustrated!!

Nillee

saterry
on 8/30/13 5:43 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

I dont know about other programs but I CAN tell you that St Vincent is a Center of Excellence for Bariatric surgery and their program exceeds so many others that I have heard of around the country.

I have heard that price range from other self pays at St. Vincent, I also know people go to Mexico with success.

Good luck on your journey.

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

nillee
on 8/30/13 7:09 am

I have had nothing but trouble with St. Vincents -- dealing with nurses, insurance people, hospital quotes etc. I am ready to find somewhere else and I am certain I can find somewhere excellent for less than 25-30 000 dollars, no?

I have heard Mexico is great. I believe it! My family is not so sure...

thanks for your reply! Hoping for other suggestions too.

N

saterry
on 8/30/13 8:35 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

I have been working with Dr. Inman's office and St Vincent since March and they have been noting but wonderful. Sorry you had a poor experience.

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

nillee
on 8/30/13 11:27 am

You must have insurance, no? Because I can't figure out how this could be a good experience. THey have no information on self pay and no one answers the phone about it!!

BWB
on 9/6/13 7:52 am

I have insurance but liked IU Health very much.  Dr Mattar was my surgeon.  A free seminar is coming up soon.

nillee
on 9/7/13 10:22 am

Well I have given up having the surgery close to home. . Why it would be so expensive here I have no clue. When I mention a price for self pay they sound like I have lost my mind. I can get the surgery for less than half the cost in several other states... I guess only insurance people have a good experience!! 

Anyone else have to go out of state? What did you do for followup and support groups? Any advice on this would be helpful.

Thanks.

Most Active
Recent Topics