Memorial Hospital, South Bend

browneyes65
on 11/25/13 11:07 am - IN

They have a Bariatric program there and support groups so I thought I would call to see if I could come to the support group and listen and ask questions. Well the lady said no, only for their patients they do not have the room for outsiders and she was sorry. I just don't understand what was the big deal, they are so close it would of helped me alot.

JazzyOne9254
on 11/26/13 2:33 am

Clue number one: No "outsiders" + bad program

Any reputable program is going to have pre-op classes.  Memorials program is not yet designated as a Center of Excellence.  You want to look for that designation when you choose a bariatric surgery center, because they have the most experieince, usually have a multi-disciplinary aftercare program.

There are *NO* Centers of Excellence in this area.  I know because I live here.  That's why I went to St. Vincent's.  My insurance would only cover surgery done at a Center of Excellence, which St. Vincent's is.  They have been doing bariatric surgery since the late 1970's or 1980's.

Insurance will pay for a medical transport there and back. Thre are many companies in the area that offer that type of service.  Not an ambulance, just a van.

Please PM me..I can tell you all about the process.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Most Active
Recent Topics