New here from Seymour Indiana - Dr. Cooper patient

maxsmom77
on 1/19/15 3:42 am - Poe-dunk Southern, IN

I am having a revision and having my lapband replaced but HOPEFULLY a Sleeve/DS. Didn't know if anyone had used Dr. Cooper.  I've kind of only started the process again. Going to my 1st support group tonight and am excited about that. Had to also go to the "free" seminar. I actually enjoyed that as well.  I had an appointment with the surgeon a few weeks ago, because he likes to meet with patients who are having revision first, rather than later.  Have my 1st NP appointment on the 27th to get all the information for the program itself. They have already started gathering the information I need for surgery. I have BCBS of IL. Looks like they pay and are going to count my "failed" lapband as a doctor's supervised diet.  I'm a full time student at IUPUC and will be transferring next year to IUPUI to go to graduate school. Glad to be here!

severman
on 2/22/15 10:53 am - Indianapolis, IN

How did your first NP appt go?  I'm a full time student also.  I attend Ivy Tech for nursing.  I'm 12 years post op RNY.  Hope everything went well!

Stephanie

maxsmom77
on 2/27/15 12:59 pm - Poe-dunk Southern, IN

Thanks Stephanie. It was about what I expected and the check-off list was over half checked off that day. Things I'd already done. Sometimes I get discouraged because this and that are kind of slowing down the process. Found out I'm severely anemic and I have to take iron pills for month and if that doesn't work, I'll have to have infusions.  I had gained a lot of weight last year due to a medication I was taking. We (or I should say I, because I dug around trying to figure out why I gained 5-7lbs a month from April until around December) didn't know why I was gaining all this weight as nothing had changed, except that my BP was not being controlled well, no matter what I took (one main reason for the surgery). But I'm having trouble functioning at all now. It's painful and embarrassing and I really just want to get things moving along. I mean, I'm glad that they're working with me to get the anemia fixed, but everyday that I sit here at this weight reminds me of how sick I am. Anyway, I sure appreciate you reaching out to me! :)

Yvonne

severman
on 2/28/15 10:50 am - Indianapolis, IN

I'm always here for support!  I also am severely anemic.  I get iron infusions about two or three times a year.  I always feel so much better afterwards.  I'm glad your appointment went well.

Stephanie

Most Active
Recent Topics